Audi urs6 brakes locking on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi urs6 brakes locking on.

Hello everyone took the urs6 for MOT the other week and she passed but with advisory of front pads low. So i decided to change them no drama everything came off OK pushed the pistons back cleaned the caliper up. Fitted the new pads bolted all back together and took for a test drive and could feel the brakes binding. So stripped the brakes again cleaned the sliders regressed everything tried again and but felt worse. But it's not just the front brakes it seems like them all, but if you pump the pedal fast no problems it even can free the brakes off when they are locked on has anyone ever had similar issue I haven't had much todo with this breaking system.

Cheers Mat
    ​​
    Last edited by slim100s4; 28 July 2017, 23:05.

I had the same thing on my coupe a little while back. Felt like the fronts were dragging more than the back. So I isolated each caliper, to ensure the pistons worked properly, they did. I replaced the MC and it was all fine after that.

Greg W.
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Cheers Greg I thought the same to be fair and I think it's the cheapest part to start with Aswell.

​​​​cheers Mat

Comment

Originally posted by slim100s4 View Post
        Cheers Greg I thought the same to be fair and I think it's the cheapest part to start with Aswell.

​​​​cheers Mat
        Well, Mat, I don't know about cheapest. I can rebuild all the brake calipers for less than half the cost of a new Ate MC.

Greg W.

They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Make sure the pedal is returning all the way

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X