No announcement yet.

Brake pads for track and road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebc yellow stuff pads are a great all round pad and good value. They work fine cold but can feel wooden for the first brake of a journey. It doesn't seem to be a heat thing, I think it is the pads needing to retransfer material into the disk. The hawk hps pads have a similar operating range, but have much better initial bite. They are definitely noisy though. Compromises... For me ds2500 is a similar pad to a yellowstuff, but more expensive and also more likely to leave deposits on disks when you over do things. Just my experiences.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

given that I'd like an improved feel with no noise issues I guess the yellow ones may do the trick. I'll let you know once I fit them.

Comment

I get zero noise from the Hawk HPS pads , so it could be the caliper - pad combo which causes this. I'm using 18Z calipers which use a different pad location design.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hello again Guys
          ​​​​​​Those days I was on the same race track, like last year. So, with the new pads ( CL RC6 front and EBC yellowstuff rear) my best lap time is about 2 seconds better! (I changed only the pads and brake fluid as you already know ) One lap is about 2km, new time is 1:15.002
          And after many laps brakes didn't get worse
          So, I'm very happy to write that

Comment

Glad your brakes are operating well. I really do rate the cl pads. You get what you pay for with those.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X