Big Reds Anti Vibration Shim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Reds Anti Vibration Shim

I'm in the process of doing a full refurb of the brakes on my RS2, and I'm searching for the front anti vibration shims. Original part number is 8A0615231D, but they cost an arm and a leg.

I could go with the Porsche OEM individual 44/36mm shims. Part nos. 96535109600 and 96435109601, but as Audi used the 2-in-1 solution I'd like to go that route as well.

I've found a shim with part number 99635108901, does anyone know if they'll fit my calipers? They look exactly like the Audi part, but you never really can tell just by looking at the pictures.

The porsche shims work well and you don't need the 2 in 1 from Audi. Wasted money. I buy from type911 shop in the UK and have always been happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by afen View Post
      I'm in the process of doing a full refurb of the brakes on my RS2, and I'm searching for the front anti vibration shims. Original part number is 8A0615231D, but they cost an arm and a leg.

I could go with the Porsche OEM individual 44/36mm shims. Part nos. 96535109600 and 96435109601, but as Audi used the 2-in-1 solution I'd like to go that route as well.

I've found a shim with part number 99635108901, does anyone know if they'll fit my calipers? They look exactly like the Audi part, but you never really can tell just by looking at the pictures.
      Working on the front brakes, seems like the previous owner did not use any shims when changing the brakes. I am getting a slight "clunk" sound when the brake is first applied, like there is a small gap that makes a sound since it seems as though the piston/pad is not making contact initially???

Just wanted to get clarification on the part #'s that work on the Front Brakes?

Is there still a source for the 8A0615231D shims? The AT site lists them for 49EUR ea Just trying to figure out where is the best place to buy these???

These are slightly different but seem to be a lot cheaper than the Audi ones - 99635108901 These go for around 15EUR ea

I also came across another thread in which someone pointed out this part number from a Porsche 951 - 95135108903 These are similar looking to the OEM Audi ones but are around 35EUR ea so not that much cheaper than OEM.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for your time,

Bimmerod

Comment

I'm worried I may sound like a Euro Car Parts promoter, which i'm not they tend to be useless. But they sell them and most people have a local branch.

You just need to know which Porsche they were fitted to.

Comment

Lots of people running without them fitted with no ill effects, me for one

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            Lots of people running without them fitted with no ill effects, me for one
            Yeah, obviously they work but like I said above, I'm getting a little clunk sound from the right front caliper when first applying the pedal. As soon as the pad makes contact with the rotor the sound goes away.

Was just thinking that maybe the missing shim was the issue because I can't see anything else that's loose.

Bimmerod

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X