RS2, impossible to adjust handbrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2, impossible to adjust handbrake

Hello!, the problem it´s my mechanic (and two others previously), do not hit the key to make the handbrake work. The left side it brakes enough (checked in the MOT) but nothing in the right side. In fact to pass it I had to put on top of the lever and pull like a possessed with both hands. The mechanic adjust it as much as possible, and for a couple of uses it brakes enough to hold the car on a steep ramp, but then no brake enough. Put new shoes, also changed a spring, and now the mechanic told me that the cable on that side was rusted inside its case and that it was not working. I bought the original cable and installed it and it still does not stop. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Thanks for possible answers.

PD- Sorry for my english

Old-fashioned internals on the RS2 rears. The cylinder is probably seized and is simple to replace. It operates the brake shoes.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I'd suggest getting a decent mechanic for a start ...
      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
        Old-fashioned internals on the RS2 rears. The cylinder is probably seized and is simple to replace. It operates the brake shoes.
        there is no cilinder just a cable
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by epimalone View Post
          Hello!, the problem it´s my mechanic (and two others previously), do not hit the key to make the handbrake work. The left side it brakes enough (checked in the MOT) but nothing in the right side. In fact to pass it I had to put on top of the lever and pull like a possessed with both hands. The mechanic adjust it as much as possible, and for a couple of uses it brakes enough to hold the car on a steep ramp, but then no brake enough. Put new shoes, also changed a spring, and now the mechanic told me that the cable on that side was rusted inside its case and that it was not working. I bought the original cable and installed it and it still does not stop. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Thanks for possible answers.

PD- Sorry for my english
          i would suggest to get a proper mechanic. you need to ajust both sides and the cables where they are being pulled. if the mechanical part is not broken it is all ajustable.
          if your mechanic does not know how just print him this http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage...sen/s2/rs2.pdf page 46-18

Comment

Or change it to this type
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post

i would suggest to get a proper mechanic. you need to ajust both sides and the cables where they are being pulled. if the mechanical part is not broken it is all ajustable.
              if your mechanic does not know how just print him this http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage...sen/s2/rs2.pdf page 46-18
              i just do it!

Comment

Thanks to all for the quick help

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                  Or change it to this type
                  also had a bad mechanic who could not get the handbrake working =DDD?

Comment

This is defo an upgrade over the original rubbish no bad mechanics going on here bud

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...he-coupe/page9

Comment

It seems that the problem is to set a new cable in one wheel, the other has a slightly longer route and the adjustment is unbalanced. So for it to be more or less well, the new cable can not be adjusted too much. The correct would be to set two new cables.

Comment

kinda stange problem. if your one wheel pulls more than other it makes sence to make it less biting and then adjust the cable on car.
                          well if its the cables then you can order new from audi tradition.

Comment

Rs2 handbrake will never work. No matter how much you adjust it and calibrate it, fit new parts etc, after 2k kms of use it holds Jack S....it

Comment

Double post

Comment

Working...
                              X