No announcement yet.

Caliper won’t bleed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bleed it again now, and check your abs sensor is within spec using a multimeter, around 1000 ohms, I think.

Comment

Could it be the brake bomb .

Comment

Is the brake bomb linked to the abs unit?

Comment

I'd do a two man bleed work furthest from master cylinder and back... Do this a couple of times with the car lifted in axle stands..

Comment

I would recommend the sealey pressure bleeder or if you have a compressor the ones that suck the fluid through from the caliper as it makes it much easier
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Been driving it all this week and it’s working fine now.

Not pulled once towards left or right.

Il bleed all 4 calipers if it happens again.

Thanks for all your advice.

Comment

I know this is a old thread but did you find out what was the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
                  I know this is a old thread but did you find out what was the problem?
                  Sorry just seen your message now. Think there was a blockage in the ABS unit, I kept tapping it with a spanner and loads of mucky brake fluid came out. Not had a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by ash2050 View Post
                    Sorry just seen your message now. Think there was a blockage in the ABS unit, I kept tapping it with a spanner and loads of mucky brake fluid came out. Not had a problem since.
                    Yes we had same problem but no luck tapping it so replaced the whole unit instead.

Comment

Working...
                    X