Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding brake discs - Porsche gt3 996 turbo calippers on S2

Hi.

Just got a deal on Porsche GT3 996 calippers (front and rear, but I only need the front calippers)

996.351.429 & 996.351.430

gt3.jpg

Anyone knows how this works with custom bracket and s8 brakes?

I see Epytec.de sells brackets for this on S2 for 5x112. - 216 euro

https://epytec.de/en/brake-system/ad...en-brembo-pors

Benötigte Komponenten:
    • Audi S8 Bremsscheibe 345x30 Teilenummer: 4D0615301B
    • 996/GT3 Porsche Bremssättel Teilenummer 996.351.429 und 996.351.430
    • Radnabe vom S2 mit 5x112 muss verbaut sein ( auch bei uns im Shop verfügbar. Artikelnummer: 46859 )
    Will this work just fine? Anyone knows if there is other discs that fit that are a bit smaller 320 or 330mm?

- Lars
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

I have those calipers on my S2,

As far I remember 330 disc from Mercedes ML works fine. If you want to go larger Error404 is your guy for the brackets, he made mine to suit S4 B8 345 mm disc, works like a charm.

Comment

Hm. just wondering, the RS2 brackets ( 8A0615125A ) does not fit right?
      I want to have it road legal and im not sure if the are approving custom brackets (even with papers on material strength).
      They like VAG with VAG parts and not mixing it up. It might work but Im not quite sure if it goes through.

Comment

i am using 996, 29-30, with 360mm epytec adapter, 335x22 Rear - brakebooster from rs6. + steelhoses got tuv on my setup.

Rs2 bracket dosent fit,

but make sure your wheels is around et 32, else you need spacers

Comment

Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
          Hm. just wondering, the RS2 brackets ( 8A0615125A ) does not fit right?
          I want to have it road legal and im not sure if the are approving custom brackets (even with papers on material strength).
          They like VAG with VAG parts and not mixing it up. It might work but Im not quite sure if it goes through.
          Those calipers would fit onto the RS2 with RS2 brackets but not the S2 unfortunately, unless you can get some custom discs. The calipers that fit with the RS2 bracket on the S2 are the smaller Boxster S calipers with 323mm S8 discs and a 2-3mm spacer.

Where did you get the calipers from?

Comment

Originally posted by mllen89 View Post
            i am using 996, 29-30, with 360mm epytec adapter, 335x22 Rear - brakebooster from rs6. + steelhoses got tuv on my setup.
            Rs2 bracket dosent fit,
            but make sure your wheels is around et 32, else you need spacers
            That's nice. Ah how is it with brakebooster from rs6, your car probably stops quite fast

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post

Those calipers would fit onto the RS2 with RS2 brackets but not the S2 unfortunately, unless you can get some custom discs. The calipers that fit with the RS2 bracket on the S2 are the smaller Boxster S calipers with 323mm S8 discs and a 2-3mm spacer.

Where did you get the calipers from?
              Okay, sounds a bit problematic then, I might go for another solution.

Haven't bought the calippers yet, they are for sale for around hm.. 1156 euros , for front+back + used pads.

Comment

What about using the Seat Cupra R caliper carriers?

I am running the 993 caliper conversion that Colesy mentioned above. I use the smaller 314mm A8 discs in order to use my OEM 16" wheels in the winter and the 18" in the summer, but I know that plenty of S2 owners did the same conversion but opted to run the 323mm discs and therefore not use the 16" wheels.

At the time that we started these conversions (we are probably talking at least 10 years ago so I remember very little detail) a few on here (I think S2Central mainly) did a lot of the heavy lifting of trawling the VAG parts bins to find what our options were in terms of what would fit front and rear and the much easier/cheaper solution for carriers for both 314mm and 323mm discs were the Seat carriers, which are then machined down to match the disc position - they are fairly chunky and so there was plenty of margin and cost a fraction of the RS2 carriers. If that solution would work for your bigger 996 calipers, then you would be using OEM carriers, discs and calipers, all with a VAG part number and so should get through inspection

On the other hand, I am probably talking absolute rubbish - far more likely in fact so I would ignore everything I have said - I often do
                Cheers n
                Si

95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

[QUOTE=larsaskogstad;n2088885]

That's nice. Ah how is it with brakebooster from rs6, your car probably stops quite fast

Yes really nice upgrade, feels like a new car. for sure it stops

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...conversion-kit

Comment

yes I have this set up on my car and I seem to remember you could use seat cupra carriers but I think you had to take of 4mm from each face of the carrier i used the 323 S8 disks
                    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X