Opinion - Anti seeze in the ABS sensor holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion - Anti seeze in the ABS sensor holes

Need opinions. I use anti seeze on just about everything that could be related to areas of a car subject to rust, dissimilar metals(aluminum to steel) and high heat.

The abs sensors in the hub carrriers have an aluminum cover, with a brass sleeve, surrounded by steel from the hub carrier.

I want to use anti seeze in the hole. Would the aluminum, copper and zinc properties in the anti seeze compound cause any sensor or fault problems with the ABS system.

I am just use to older cars that never had all this fancy stuff.

Greg
    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Can't think of a prob with using anti-seize, as long as it doesn't get all over the end of the sensor!

Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Re: Opinion - Anti seeze in the ABS sensor holes

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe

I am just use to older cars that never had all this fancy stuff.

Greg
      Likewise Greg, with my Morris MInor you can't get the brakes to lock and so you don't need ABS:eek2:

I was going to use silicone grease but I will now use Coppaslip if that's what you meant Chris.

David

Comment

Copper grease will be fine as Chris says. Should make replacing in the future a damn sight easier. Wish they did it at the factory!!
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
        X