This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was considering removing them.
    How did you remove them? Did you use force to brake them off or it is possible to remove them in a nother way?
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
      Dubmeister:

I think I will stick with the DOT4 fluid since I dont want to drain the whole system.

In regards to the bleeding proces, perhaps I was a little unspecific. I wanted to in which order you bleed a 996 caliper, since it has to bleeding valves.

Cheers
      outside first then inside one.
      You bleed the furthest one away from the hard line/flexi first then the nearest- the same as the order for a full brake bleed furthest away from the master cylinder first-closest last.
      HTH

Comment

Well finaly got around to testing the new brakes, and I must say that it is a very nice upgrade
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

what size rims can you use? 17 inch is ok?

Comment

I have 17" Oettinger and they are close but fine. It depends on the rim / ET etc. There are lots of posts on this subject.....have a peek.

The best bit is putting 996 rear calipers on as well
            Last edited by John B; 24 April 2012, 21:10. Reason: spelling
            2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
            1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by x6rs View Post
              what size rims can you use? 17 inch is ok?
              This is quite an old thread and these days a better and cheaper option to the RS2 brackets used in his guide is brackets made by 'Bambridge' on this forum. They don't need any washers or machining for the discs and calipers to line up and there is an option for use with 314mm discs which will even fit under standard 16" Avus rims.

I don't have personal experience with 323mm discs and 17" rims but sounds like most should fit.

Comment

It seems the recommended hose solution (if going braided rather than a hard line for the final step) is to get a one-piece hose rather than two individual.

What have folk used to secure this single hose to the strut? Is there a 'recommended grommet'?

Comment

Working...
                X