Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graham
    they are big callipers ..........
    ...... and light! They seemed to be about 1/2 the weight of the porsche monoblocs!!

Comment

definitely lighter than the original mahogany oem brakes audi fitted. well impressed up to now.
      GT
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Those Ferodo DS2500 pads are the mutts nuts. I have them and would never change now. They work well from cold. I have also found that with the grooved discs that I have, they have lasted loads longer than the reds. They have lasted twice as long and still only 1/4 worn!! They seem expensive in the first place, but by christ they are worth it.

Just hard trying to find a supplier for good money. I hate paying retail! LOL
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Graham - do you have steel brake hoses, or do you still have rubber ones? Steel flexihoses will give you a firmer pedal. I can share my experience with EBC Reds (which I have on the back too), I too had the soft wooly pedal when I first put my Porsche 4-pots on, which I assumed was the Reds and their supposed poor cold bite, but it was purely down to air in the system. I've bled them 4 times since installing them and the improvement is huge. Now have a rock hard pedal, and I don't feel as if I have any issues with poor cold temp braking - I do a lot of my driving in London traffic and I've not rear-ended anyone from it (yet!). There is a clear increase in braking performance once they're heated up though, they do retard one's forward momentum rather impressively!
          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

My hoses are steel, well the parts from the calliper to the strut is steel the rest are rubber. Will sort out once my current problem is cured.
            Graham
            Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Ah!! Change ALL the hoses on the car, 4 front and both rears. This will make the pedal feel rock solid. Well worth doing. You will never get a great pedal feel with rubber hoses. That was one of the best brake mods i ever did.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Do the Bremsport calipers have dust seals? I didn't think they did when I last looked....if not you will just have to treat the piston seals as service items.
                1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
                Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
                X