RS2 Brakes - Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Brakes - Few Questions

I'm going to be changing the pads on my original RS2 brakes soon and wondered if I'll need a piston windback tool to push the piston back in?

If so, can anyone recommend where I can get myself one as all my previous cars have been the push back type where you can just use a clamp.

Also, one of my bleed nipples has corroded and snapped off flush with the caliper face. Where can I get a new set of bleed nipples from? Should I just drill and tap out the old one or is it a new caliper job? The other one doesn't look too great either and I'm pretty sure it's also going to break if I try and undo it.

Thanks in advance

You don't need a wind back tool.
    You cab buy the bleed nipples from Audi.
    If they are as ffoked as they sound you may need to get them re-furbed as the stainless guide plates will have lifted and you won't get the new pads in them.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Wind back tool can be bought from GSF or halfords, the 'Laser Tool' ones cost about £10 and are well worth having but i dont think you need it fro the monoblocks.

If you buy a screw/bolt extractor you should be able to wind it in to the brass nipple hole which will pull it out once it bites.

You can get new nipples from the Porsche dealer or give these guys a call as they can supply them too i think.

Good luck.

Edit: Dam to slow ,
      You can get refurbish kits from the dealers too incase you want to do them yourself.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
        Wind back tool can be bought from GSF or halfords, the 'Laser Tool' ones cost about £10 and are well worth having but i dont think you need it fro the monoblocks.

If you buy a screw/bolt extractor you should be able to wind it in to the brass nipple hole which will pull it out once it bites.

You can get new nipples from the Porsche dealer or give these guys a call as they can supply them too i think.

Good luck.

Edit: Dam to slow ,
        You can get refurbish kits from the dealers too incase you want to do them yourself.
        EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!

My friend has some stud extractors so I'll give those a go!

Cheers for the info, I'll get some new nipples on order!

Comment

I just push the pistons back with my finger when I change pads...no need for a tool.
          2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience
          Protected movement - with quattro

Comment

When replacing pads on the stock RS2 brakes, should I be replacing aything else while I'm there?

Comment

Originally posted by nothctap View Post
              When replacing pads on the stock RS2 brakes, should I be replacing aything else while I'm there?
              you should also replace the damping plates between the pad and the caliper.

Rear: (8 total)
              30mm 8A0615231B
              28mm 8A0615231C

front: (4 total)
              8A0615231D (double, 2 per caliper)
              2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-line____2003 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro____1994 Audi RS2 2,2T Avant____Audi Quattro Experience____Audi Sportscar Experience

Comment

Originally posted by Skaala View Post
                you should also replace the damping plates between the pad and the caliper.

Rear: (8 total)
                30mm 8A0615231B
                28mm 8A0615231C

front: (4 double total)
                8A0615231D (double, 2 per caliper)
                Excellent thanks. Are those Audi Part numbers?

Comment

Excellent thanks. Are those Audi Part numbers?
                  yes, but almost every porsche dealer have them if you say they are for an RS2. Only different is that Porsche usually use 4 individual plates on the front calippers instead of 2 double like Audi's.

ID96435209600X
                  993 DAMPING SHIM 30MM REAR (NEED 4)
                  ID96435109601T
                  993 DAMPING SHIM 36MM FRONT (NEED 4)
                  ID96535109600T
                  993 DAMPING SHIM 44MM FRONT (NEED 4)
                  ID99635208601T
                  993 DAMPING SHIM 28MM REAR (NEED 4)

http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm?Region=UK
                  Last edited by Skaala; 26 May 2008, 22:01.

Comment

yes, but almost every porsche dealer have them if you say they are for an RS2. Only different is that Porsche usually use 4 individual plates on the front calippers instead of 2 double like Audi's.

ID96435209600X
                    993 DAMPING SHIM 30MM REAR (NEED 4)
                    ID96435109601T
                    993 DAMPING SHIM 36MM FRONT (NEED 4)
                    ID96535109600T
                    993 DAMPING SHIM 44MM FRONT (NEED 4)
                    ID99635208601T
                    993 DAMPING SHIM 28MM REAR (NEED 4)

http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm?Region=UK
                    Thanks for the link. Would you say it's best to go for the 4 individual plates from porsche or the 2 double's from Audi or doesn't it make the slightest bit of difference?

Comment

Thanks for the link. Would you say it's best to go for the 4 individual plates from porsche or the 2 double's from Audi or doesn't it make the slightest bit of difference?
                      I've talked to people who have used both and they say there's no difference. If you call up your local/nearest porsche dealer he can probably answer in more detail. I've always used front ones from Audi, but I really don't think there is any difference

Comment

I've talked to people who have used both and they say there's no difference. If you call up your local/nearest porsche dealer he can probably answer in more detail. I've always used front ones from Audi, but I really don't think there is any difference
                        Thanks very much for your help. I'll get some ordered!

Comment

Huge price difference. The double plates from Audi are much more expensive than the 4 from Porsche...
                          1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                          1994 80E Avant
                          1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by EspenW View Post
                            Huge price difference. The double plates from Audi are much more expensive than the 4 from Porsche...
                            ahh...forgot to mention that but it may be a more reasonable price if he doesn't live in norway

Comment

Originally posted by EspenW View Post
                              In that case I'll get them from Porsche.

Do I need the 36mm or 44mm ones for stock RS2 front brakes?

Comment

Working...
                              X