This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big, Big Reds!! 330mm GT3

With the help of Corey and Chris at Quottronics, I now have GT3 Calipers on Porsche drill 330x34 discs for my RS2. Not sure you could get bigger under stock cups wheels?

The drive back down South was uneventful and gentle as was bedding in the new pads , but will be giving them a proper testing later today, once i've bought the duck tape to go round my forehead and the head rest!

20062008035.jpg

20062008036.jpg

20062008037.jpg

20062008038.jpg

20062008039.jpg

20062008040.jpg

As result i have a pair of RS2 Calipers Carriers available for sale. £100 for the pair! pls pm me if interested.

could you do a quick parts list for this conversion and some prices please?

would be most helpful

cheers
    Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

Ok, so i bought a whole set of 996 turbo/gt3 brakes for £800 with the knowledge that they might fit, but if they did't then i should be able to sell them on without taking a hit!?

2 x front calipers 996.351.429/996.351.430
      2 x front discs 330mm x 32mm
      2 x front pads
      2 x rear calipers 996.352.425/966.352.426
      2 x rear discs 330mm x 28mm
      2 x rear pads

as i say i bought the above from pistonheads and they had only covered 100miles as the they 911 was upgraded to PCCB.

After phone call with Corey i found myself on the road up to Newark for a bit of measuring and carrier designing.

The fronts were going to fit a treat with about 3mm clearance, even if we would have to move the wheel balancing weights about.

The rears sadly, were not going to be so easy, as the disc hat is abt 4mm deeper than the original RS2 disc. It could have been spaced out, but i decided to abandon the rears. (which i have sold on for £400).

a couple of weeks later the carriers had been machined and everything was ready to bolt on and the above pics is the end result.

I will be upgrading the rears at some stage with monos of some sort?

Now the pads have bedded in nicely, i have been trying them out !!!!!!!! and the change is amazing. So much braking power and the feel is nice and progressive.

I think i have become addicted to braking!

Comment

Originally posted by alanhj View Post
        With the help of Corey and Chris at Quottronics, I now have GT3 Calipers on Porsche drill 330x34 discs for my RS2. Not sure you could get bigger under stock cups wheels?

The drive back down South was uneventful and gentle as was bedding in the new pads , but will be giving them a proper testing later today, once i've bought the duck tape to go round my forehead and the head rest!

As result i have a pair of RS2 Calipers Carriers available for sale. £100 for the pair! pls pm me if interested.
        I'm interested! but there that price new from vagparts

£70 delivered????
        sigpic

Comment

@ S Express theyve already gone buddy...not to me btw
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
            @ S Express theyve already gone buddy...not to me btw
            oh p o o
            sigpic

Comment

how much were you charged for the carriers?
              Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

i still have the carriers for sale, despite what Alan (lazeravant) says. S2 Tornado is interested and said he would get back to me after tues when he gets back from the 'ring'.

not sure what the new carrier price was as it was a lump sum deal, but if interested give Corey a call.

i wonder now why i did not do the conversion years ago, the give you so much more confidence and feel. would recomd to anyone if the budget allows.

Comment

My bad then...note to self "must learn to read my pms more carefully"
                  S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by alanhj View Post
                    Ok, so i bought a whole set of 996 turbo/gt3 brakes for £800 with the knowledge that they might fit, but if they did't then i should be able to sell them on without taking a hit!?

2 x front calipers 996.351.429/996.351.430
                    2 x front discs 330mm x 32mm
                    2 x front pads
                    2 x rear calipers 996.352.425/966.352.426
                    2 x rear discs 330mm x 28mm
                    2 x rear pads

as i say i bought the above from pistonheads and they had only covered 100miles as the they 911 was upgraded to PCCB.

After phone call with Corey i found myself on the road up to Newark for a bit of measuring and carrier designing.

The fronts were going to fit a treat with about 3mm clearance, even if we would have to move the wheel balancing weights about.

The rears sadly, were not going to be so easy, as the disc hat is abt 4mm deeper than the original RS2 disc. It could have been spaced out, but i decided to abandon the rears. (which i have sold on for £400).

a couple of weeks later the carriers had been machined and everything was ready to bolt on and the above pics is the end result.

I will be upgrading the rears at some stage with monos of some sort?

Now the pads have bedded in nicely, i have been trying them out !!!!!!!! and the change is amazing. So much braking power and the feel is nice and progressive.

I think i have become addicted to braking!
                    Hello, I want make the same upgrade on my RS2, now I have the original Audi upgrade on front and rear with 322x32 mm two piece brake disk and big reds on front and the original 299x24 mm but drilled brake disk on rear. I want mount also the rear brake kit of the 996 Turbo, have you try it I have ready, where is the problem? Thanks a lot!
                    Bye

Alessio
                    My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                    Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                    Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                    Audi S2 Avant
                    Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

I'm trying to find out if the 996TT(part numbers 996.351.429 996.351.430) FRONT calipers bolt straight on the RS2 carrier without any mods? In the top photo in this thread there looks to be a custom carrier. Can anybody confirm this?

RS2 standard brakes are POOP!

Thanks
                      John

Comment

what do you refer that too? i drove mine on the track a whole day without fading and good braking power.. ( textar pads so not the best brakes maybe, but that is not the calipers fault)

when i took it apart the pads was worn in an angle. and i know that the calipers not were 100%, so for the condition they were awesome! so if you have refurbished calipers with some decent pads ( not redstuff greenstuff etc.) they are awesome!

IMO

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
                          what do you refer that too? i drove mine on the track a whole day without fading and good braking power.. ( textar pads so not the best brakes maybe, but that is not the calipers fault)

when i took it apart the pads was worn in an angle. and i know that the calipers not were 100%, so for the condition they were awesome! so if you have refurbished calipers with some decent pads ( not redstuff greenstuff etc.) they are awesome!

IMO
                          I'm refering to the carriers, will i have to buy modified carriers to fit 996TT front calipers? Thats my question?

lind4hl did you have standard brake before you upgraded to 996TT front brakes? What carriers did you use?

Thanks for you reply

John

Comment

i menat that you say that rs2 brakes is poop..

i am going to use my standard ones with real racing pads and real brake cooling..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith_S2 View Post
                              I'm refering to the carriers, will i have to buy modified carriers to fit 996TT front calipers? Thats my question?
                              Thanks for you reply

John
                              No they won't
                              Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                              England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Working...
                              X