This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
    i menat that you say that rs2 brakes is poop..

i am going to use my standard ones with real racing pads and real brake cooling..
    Standard RS2 brakes are not up to the job, my S2 had better brakes with 996 mono's at the front.

What i'm trying to find out if i have to buy different carriers for a 996TT brake upgrade?

When you said "standard ones" did you mean standard brakes, or RS2 carriers with your 996TT upgrade?

Comment

with standard i mean OEM Rs2 all around..

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

996TT/GT3 caliper do not fit the RS2 bracket. You need a bigger bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
          996TT/GT3 caliper do not fit the RS2 bracket. You need a bigger bracket.
          GT3 don't but the big reds are a direct fit

Comment

Bracket

I upgraded the front brakes (small reds) on my rs2 to 996tt calipers and porsche 322 discs.
            This bracket ONLY works on rs2 with 965.351.045/046 discs and 996 351 429/430 calipers. I made the bracket out of 12mm L steel.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ur-s4315 View Post
              I upgraded the front brakes (small reds) on my rs2 to 996tt calipers and porsche 322 discs.
              This bracket ONLY works on rs2 with 965.351.045/046 discs and 996 351 429/430 calipers. I made the bracket out of 12mm L steel.
              Thank you! At last bracket dimensions, no-one else would post them

Comment

THanks for sharing...That will come in usefull for the future.
                91 S2 coupé - RIP
                98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by alanhj View Post
                  Ok, so i bought a whole set of 996 turbo/gt3 brakes for £800 with the knowledge that they might fit, but if they did't then i should be able to sell them on without taking a hit!?

2 x front calipers 996.351.429/996.351.430
                  2 x front discs 330mm x 32mm
                  2 x front pads
                  2 x rear calipers 996.352.425/966.352.426
                  2 x rear discs 330mm x 28mm
                  2 x rear pads

as i say i bought the above from pistonheads and they had only covered 100miles as the they 911 was upgraded to PCCB.

After phone call with Corey i found myself on the road up to Newark for a bit of measuring and carrier designing.

The fronts were going to fit a treat with about 3mm clearance, even if we would have to move the wheel balancing weights about.

The rears sadly, were not going to be so easy, as the disc hat is abt 4mm deeper than the original RS2 disc. It could have been spaced out, but i decided to abandon the rears. (which i have sold on for £400).

a couple of weeks later the carriers had been machined and everything was ready to bolt on and the above pics is the end result.

I will be upgrading the rears at some stage with monos of some sort?

Now the pads have bedded in nicely, i have been trying them out !!!!!!!! and the change is amazing. So much braking power and the feel is nice and progressive.

I think i have become addicted to braking!
                  Don't happen to know the part numbers of the 330x32mm disc you used?

Comment

Discs?

Hi!
                    I would also be very glad if you could post what the part number is on the discs that you used (330x34mm).

/Henrik

Comment

They are standard Porsche gt3 discs

Comment

Okay, thanks mate! I'll should check this up right now!

Comment

The part numbers are on the forum gt3 disc search should find it

Comment

The first line of this thread scared me a bit, until i clocked the date of the post... pffffew..
                            91 S2 coupé - RIP
                            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Now I have searched everywhere (i think) and have found some more information that I can use.
                              The question that remains for me is what is the difference between the GT3 (mk1) and ordinary 996/996Turbo discs are? (330x34)

Everywhere I find that the GT3 is more expensive, although there seems to be the same dimensions? Are there different "height" on them?
                              What are the correct discs when it comes to mount them on my RS2?

/ Henrik

Comment

I used:

Front brake disc

left 996.351.409.02
                                right 996.351.410.02

Porsche superseded numbers

left 996.351.409.03
                                right 996.351.410.03

GSF Zimmermans versions

601PO0280
                                601PO0290