Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best front brake upgrade on a S2 with 16" rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best front brake upgrade on a S2 with 16" rims?

Hello, on my S2 I can fit only the 16" rims here in Italy, now I want to upgrade my front brake disk and I see for fit the original RS2 front calipers, not the big reds and for the A8 314x30 mm drilled brake disk, but I don't know if I can fit this brake kit under the original 16" S2 Avus rims and also under the 16" S2 original 3B rims and under the 16" OZ Superturismo and Superturismo WRC rims. What do you think about it? Fit the big reds with the 323x30 mm drilled brake disk I think that is impossible under a 16" rims or it's possible?
    Thanks a lot!
    Bye
    Alessio
    My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
    Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
    Audi S2 Coupe ABY
    Audi S2 Avant
    Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

I`m not sure if the RS2 calipers and 323mm a8 disc will fit under the 16 inch avus wheel..
    I am currently running Wilwood superlite calipers and the 323mm A8 discs, I think this is a very good brake upgrade since I can fit the stock avus over it (just) and they work real good

Comment

For fit the 323x30 mm brake disk I must fit also the Porsche 993 Turbo big reds calipers that I have already on my RS2 with 322x32 mm brake disk, but the RS2 have 17" rims and I think that the 16" rims don't fit with this brake kit.
      My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
      Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
      Audi S2 Coupe ABY
      Audi S2 Avant
      Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

As a matter interest,

what is the reason you are restricted to 16' rims in Italy?

Am I correct in thinking that your original request was for any information from others on if the standard RS2 brakes of 304mm will fit with 16' Avus wheels?

Kind regards.

Comment

In Italy, fit bigger rims that the original is not simple, so I can fit only 16" rims for now. I want know if under 16" rims I can fit the original RS2 front calipers with 314x30 mm brake disk and if I can fit also the big reds with 323x30 mm brake disk or 322x32 mm brake disk.
          Thanks a lot!
          Bye
          My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
          Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
          Audi S2 Coupe ABY
          Audi S2 Avant
          Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

I have 315mm discs and split 4 pot callipers and there is a 4mm gap between calliper and 16" avus, so i'd be supprised if you could go bigger. you might squeeze another 2-3mm on the disk diameter, but it would be custom.
            Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

I know under 16 inch AVUS alloys you can fit porsche/rs2 callipers with the 314 discs but they are close

i'm not sure if you can fit them under the 5 spoke 3b alloys.

Comment

The Porsche 996 Boxter S caliper will fit under 16" Avus with the 314 A8 disc, this is extremely well documented on this site. Many of us have been running this setup for a few years now. I have 18s on at the moment but can switch back to my 16"s at any time, you have to get the brackets custom made or RS2 or Seat Leon Cupra brackets machined to fit, you get about 3mm clearance between caliper and inside of the rim.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Hello, so can I fit the 314x30 mm Audi A8 brake disk with the original Audi RS2 calipers? Or not? Because I have a friend that want sell the original caliper from front of Audi RS2 and this calipers on RS2 fit with 304x32 mm brake disk.
                  Thanks a lot!
                  Bye
                  My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                  Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                  Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                  Audi S2 Avant
                  Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

hey! i was going to buy that S2 hahahaha joking! i saw it a few months ago but the price was a little high!! Good luck and take care of her!
                    - Looking for a S2
                    - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                    - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Hello, I know you, the S2 in my avatar isn't my S2, but it's like mine, now I put in the avatar my S2
                      My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                      Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                      Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                      Audi S2 Avant
                      Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

Hello, any news? Thanks a lot!
                        Bye
                        My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                        Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                        Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                        Audi S2 Avant
                        Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

You can fit 323mm disk with RS2 carriers with no modification - only issue is they don't fit under 16" Avus rim.

You need to reduce disk down to 314mm and modify the carrier to bring the caliper closer to centre of wheel. I am about to do this soon...
                          Paul Nugent
                          Webmaster http://S2central.net
                          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Details are being left out because i think he's confused. The a8 315/314mm discs are 25mm thick and need boxster caliper and custom carriers or modifed carriers to work.
                            I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Hello, i mean this Audi A8 brake disk that have a thick of 30 mm and not 25 mm.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Zimmermann-Bremss...1%7C240%3A1318
                              My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
                              Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
                              Audi S2 Coupe ABY
                              Audi S2 Avant
                              Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

Working...
                              X