New guy, dumb question.. UFO Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, dumb question.. UFO Brakes

Hi people I'm a new guy from Iceland and I'm looking for your advise.
    I have been offered to buy my colleague's Audi S4 MY1992 with bad brakes at front and some minor things.
    After some research I've found out that the front brake disks are called UFO or something like that because of the shape of the disk or some.
    I've searched eBay for some disks but I don't know if they are different in shape than normal disks.

Can you guys give me some pointers in where to search for new disks?

By the way I have never had an Audi before so I this would be my first Audi.

Yes very different to a normal setup, audi's idea was to create a brake disc with a bigger surface area, good idea yes in practice no, they are very heavy and warp easily very easily, if the car has these then it's good news bad news, the bad news is that are expensive and only available from audi, the good news you can convert the car to the Hp2 setup as per the later S6, much better brakes and lighter, if you really want to go mad then convert the car to porsche brakes.

Comment

Great thanks
      Can you give me some hints on where I can get the spare parts to convert the brakes?

Comment

I think Bry on here might be able to help, give him a PM

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

You would need to swap out the struts for the HP2 type struts because the hubs are different, then you will need calipers, caliper mounting bracket, discs, pads and brake fluid

Comment

Here is something:
            http://www.ultimot.net/Komponente.php?id=73&TypWahl=017

What sort of budget are you looking, remember if you update to bigger brakes your old wheels might not fit.
            Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

Been there done that... keypti bíl með ónýta diska ur hfj var svo komin á það að selja hann frá mér vegna kostnar á diskum....varð síðan svo heppin að detta niður á einn sem hafði brunnið...og keypti hann og ætla að rífa ....

enn snilld að það séu fleyri að færast inn í audi menninguna

Comment

Working...
              X