anti rattle shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti rattle shims

finally got some anti rattle stims to try and stop the brake noise that i have had. i was expecting them to be sticky one side so they stick to the brake pad. the ones i ordered before but were incorrect were but the ones i now have are not do i need to get some sort of glue or will they work like they are ?
    never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

i'm bumping this cos i wanna know too
    sigpic

Comment

With my porsche ones i literally just put them in, and then the pads - no glue or anything.

When i took the brakes off last week they were well and truely stuck to each other so im assuming the pressure sticks them pretty well!
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Is it for the 996 mono block? If so,mine where sticky on one side and the pad did stick to them. Hope this is some help?
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Yep, in my case (using the RS2 calipers) all different anti-rattle pads I tested had a kind of double sided tape on it.

Tear off the cover, put them in the caliper, put pads in caliper.
          Pump up the brakes and the pads are "glued" to the rattlepads.

Hope this helps, I have tested all sorts of rattle pads and greases but the irritating noise is still there!!
          No power, no glory!
          S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

thanks for the replys, i have indeed the 996 mono blocks and have had them apart too many times for warped discs, noises etc and don't want to have them apart again untill the pads wear out. i just want brakes that don't make a blumming noise when you are just crusing up the road. hmm the ones i got from design911 defanatly don't have a sticky surface to them perhaps that's why they were only £10 each compared to £15 others had them priced at. any sudjestions on a glue to use?
            never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

Working...
            X