Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible BOMB problem???

Hi All,

Had the PAS pump changed not so long ago (actually onto my 3rd now - don't buy the cheap ones from GSF) but i'm now getting the hydraulic warning light again and the brake pedal is solid in the morning before i start the car, should it be like this or should i still get brakes after being parked up overnight??? When i do the Bomb test (engine ran then off and pump the pedal) i get over 50 pumps before padal goes hard so not sure if it is the Bomb, hope it isn't the pump again...

Cheers,
    '94 ABY

The bomb is the only item in the brake circuit able to store pressure so I don't see how it could be a pump fault.

My hydraulic warning light often comes on in the mornings if the pressure hasn't come up enough before auto-check times out, but the pressure does come up just not in time to keep auto-check happy. As the brakes work fine and auto-check never comes other than occasionally at start up, I intend to continue ignoring it.

John

Comment

Sound like a worn bomb to me, my cq does that after 3-4days sitting but always recharges quick enough not to trigger the autocheck. My S2 and S4 on the other hand do that in a matter of hours, and always trigger the autocheck. Its on its way out IMO.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
        Sound like a worn bomb to me, my cq does that after 3-4days sitting but always recharges quick enough not to trigger the autocheck. My S2 and S4 on the other hand do that in a matter of hours, and always trigger the autocheck. Its on its way out IMO.
        Mine has just started coming on continually after spending about 2 years beeping in the morning like mcandmar's, so I am looking for a new BOM too me thinks.

Any recommendations as to where to get one now that VAGParts are no longer with us?

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Quattro Corner or the Citroen spares bloke...
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Get them from Paul @ custom autocraft in Luxembourg. He's da man for bombs
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I agree, i have a few on order as you cant beat his price.
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks for the advice but still not sure its the Bomb 'cos i can trigger the warning light and beep when the car is running just by repeatedly pumping the brake pedal a few times??? This happened with the last pump also and that eventually just failed (very heavy steering and very little brakes - not fun getting to the garage ) Any more ideas

Cheers,
                '94 ABY

Comment

Working...
                X