Wilwood 4 piston Calipers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilwood 4 piston Calipers....

I'm going to purchase a set of Wilwood Caliper's to be used on my 20V CQ. The calipers will be used in concert with Zimmermann rotors. Since I don't track the car but use it for everyday use and occasional trips up to Road America, it should be adeqaute, no? Any yea's or nay's?

yeah that should be fine. Wilwood calipers are reasonably priced too and you can get 330x28mm discs from them too.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

To my knowledge, Wilwood only do 1 design which is fully dust sealed for road use (midlite ??).
      Although a lack of seals is not really a problem IMHO, it may just mean you will need to do a pistons out refurb every other pad change for piece of mind.

Nice calipers though & well respected for track use.

Comment

i used wilwood 4 pod hi performance dynalite system and not satisfied at all, i had extra option with cross drilled and grooved discs.but i couldnt see any difference compare to stock system. i do not recommend. waste of money.
        Quattro

Comment

Could you elaborate more on your reply?

So far, yours is the only negative I've gotten from alot of people. From what others have told me, the Wilwoods are way better than the standard G60 brakes I have now on my CQ. Is the quality suspect or is their a flaw that apparently no one has discovered or suspected?

Comment

Timucin is on 5 stud hubs, but that shouldn't make a difference. You did not mention the new disk size, I feel they are just standard diameter. I feel the diameter of the disks needs to be increased to improve the braking. if it isn't then the calipers will be working harder on the small disks, overheating etc. I don't know what chape big disk options are avvailable for the 4 stud ( which is why I am changing to 5 studs!)

HTH

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
              Timucin is on 5 stud hubs, but that shouldn't make a difference. You did not mention the new disk size, I feel they are just standard diameter. I feel the diameter of the disks needs to be increased to improve the braking. if it isn't then the calipers will be working harder on the small disks, overheating etc. I don't know what chape big disk options are avvailable for the 4 stud ( which is why I am changing to 5 studs!)

HTH

David

Forgot to say I feel the Porsche 944 calipers should fit onto standard disks. I was going to look at this but left it and was seduced by big disks and monoblocks. They look good in the packet

Must fit them!

David

Comment

sorry i forgot to tell; i did not try them on audi;
                have installed a set to chevrolet camaro
                Quattro

Comment

Working...
                X