Clear All

• Porsche Brakes a plenty!

There are lots of calipers available here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=137

Would these suit an S2??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/det...?i=23258&s=137

Cheers,

Steve.

P.S. Is there a definitive list of what's hot and what's not in Porsche calipers for the S2???
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

I think it is 996 (Big Reds) and 993 (monoblocks)
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

boxster S monoblocks, carrera 4 monoblocks, 993/996, big red/blacks and some others will all work, some with off the shelf stuff, others with specially made brackets. There is a mass of threads on here about peoples own upgrades etc, well worth reading.

Cheers,

David
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks David,

I am just being bone idle and hoping that someone is going to give me the exact answer and all the correct options!

Cheers,

Steve.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

would say exactly correct but most will be compatible. You may also find some others from other makes will work too depending on their size and shape, brembo supply to amongst others Seat, mercedes, BMW, Peugeot, Renault, Ferrari, Ford, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi and with a bit of research you may just find something suitable/cheap.....just beware of those that have the bracket as an integral part of the caliper as chances are they will not fit no matter what.

Cheers

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
            Thanks David,

I am just being bone idle and hoping that someone is going to give me the exact answer and all the correct options!

Cheers,

Steve.
            AMD do a kit (link here), but it's not cheap!
            Its a 322x32mm cross drilled disk with Porsche 911 (993) Turbo 4 pot big reds. It'll bolt straight on.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
              I think it is 996 (Big Reds) and 993 (monoblocks)
              I think you mean the 993 are the Big Reds and the 996 monoblocks.
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Yeah, I noticed as soon as I posted it .Just seeing how long before someone corrected me .lol
                Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                  Yeah, I noticed as soon as I posted it .Just seeing how long before someone corrected me .lol
                  Joe "NoNonsense"
                  axis motorsport
                  joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsense
                    I think you mean the 993 are the Big Reds and the 996 monoblocks.
                    993 are 2 part calipers
                    993tt is the 'Big red'
                    993 Carrera is black
                    993 Carrera 4 is silver IIRC

996 are monoblock of various colours Turbo and 'S' versions are red. there seem to be 2 sizes.

The 996 monoblocks ( page 2 ) are rears
                    964 RS are big black ( these may be Big 'Red's in black.....

GT2 are cheap but may be rears ( I don't know but they seem to have been there a while...)
                    Page 3 are 968CS same as RS2 but pipes need to be moved

HTH

David

Comment

You shouldn't need to move pipes on the 968 CS calipers - they bolt straight on with no modifications needed. The 968 CS black caliper which was also used on the 928 S4 is almost identical to the RS2 red caliper. The Porsche version uses thicker pads (18mm vs 17mm). You can also use the 993 Carrera caliper. To use these you have to swap the bleed nipples and the crossover pipe to the opposite ends. I have fitted a set of these to my new S2.
                      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                        You shouldn't need to move pipes on the 968 CS calipers - they bolt straight on with no modifications needed. The 968 CS black caliper which was also used on the 928 S4 is almost identical to the RS2 red caliper. The Porsche version uses thicker pads (18mm vs 17mm). You can also use the 993 Carrera caliper. To use these you have to swap the bleed nipples and the crossover pipe to the opposite ends. I have fitted a set of these to my new S2.
                        Would the 968 ones in the advert above work with RS2 Calipers brackets and A8 discs (machined) or is it not quite as simple as that?

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2
                          You shouldn't need to move pipes on the 968 CS calipers - they bolt straight on with no modifications needed. To use these you have to swap the bleed nipples and the crossover pipe to the opposite ends. I have fitted a set of these to my new S2.
                          Corey pointed out you need to swap the cross over pipe from Left to Right caliper for some reason.....

The 968, caliper and RS2 caliper brackets should be fine. Be careful about the disk as lots are balanced by machining a slot out of the edge to get them within tolerance. If you find a disk which has bits of 'wire' up the vents on the disk you should be ok and not need to rebalance.

HTH

David

Comment

It just drives me crazy that you guys in the UK have...

access to all these type of calipers and mounting brackets where here in the States we get raked over the coals by breakers and wholesalers when looking for such things because they have the golden goose's name on them> PORSCHE. Then comes the mounting adapters. Those who have them will not share or give info about them for fear of having the design or style stolen for God knows what reason! They protect them as if they were of vital national interests! Even if you offer to PAY for the info or design!
                            And when it is offered the price is your first born and a left nut!
                            Damn!!

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                              Then comes the mounting adapters. Those who have them will not share or give info about them for fear of having the design or style stolen for God knows what reason! They protect them as if they were of vital national interests! Even if you offer to PAY for the info or design!
                              And when it is offered the price is your first born and a left nut!
                              Damn!!
                              I will see if I can get the measurements for you. The brackets I got are excellent. Vagparts do the RS2 brackets for about £150. I have heard of them even cheaper from Europe. Europarts in the states do them for about $150 I thought?

David

Comment

Working...
                              X