Recap Re:996 calipers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap Re:996 calipers.....

I have been reading the thread regarding the 996 calipers, but just to confirm if i went for a pair of these,what else would i need.I gather i need different mounting brackets,are these available off the shelf or custom made? Can anyone offer advice/BTDT on disc size/supplier and custom hose/supplier.The calipers i am looking at are GT3/996 turbo...
    Attached Files

Matinjs is your man for custom calipers brackets - ****** works of art and very reasonably priced too!

Corey really knows his stuff on brakes, maybe have a chat with him.

Martin's brackets are for the 323x30mm A8/S8 discs but I guess these will not fit the RS2. Maybe you can use discs of the 996 turbo seeing as you have Porsche hubs?
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

There was talk of using mountings from a SEAT i believe in one of the threads... at only £18 each too!!!
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by mikes2
        For the bracket you could use the Seat Ibiza Cupra R part which gives the same spacing as the RS2 item.

Much cheaper at 18 GBP.
        Dunno if this is true or not, but if it is, then bargain!!!!
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub
          I have been reading the thread regarding the 996 calipers, but just to confirm if i went for a pair of these,what else would i need.I gather i need different mounting brackets,are these available off the shelf or custom made? Can anyone offer advice/BTDT on disc size/supplier and custom hose/supplier.The calipers i am looking at are GT3/996 turbo...
          I posted pictures and write up on this site for the 996 brakes on front of coupe. Has breakdown of parts, and step by step procedure for mounting to front hub carrier.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=1315513

They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X