Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brembo Caliper piston sizes?

Greetings folks,

Does anyone have a set of Brembo monoblocs sitting around (i.e. not on the car) who could measure the piston sizes for me? I belive I am running Boxster S/996 calipers (mine are black) with the following part numbers: -

I need to order some new seals, dust caps and a couple of spare pistons so that I can overhaul them, however I keep reading different sizes for the pistons (32 & 36mm, 36 & 40mm, 40 & 44mm etc)

If anyone could have a quick measure so I can order the right bits it would be most appreciated.

Also, I have found a couple of sources on the quiet as Brembo do not officially sell refurb kits for these calipers but they are very expensive, so if anyone knows a good source that would be fab

Cheers n

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Si,

They are 34mm & 36mm.

thats to the outer Dia. of the actual piston... not to the outer rim where the seal sits...

Have alook at http://www.pelicanparts.com/index.htm in the states for prices...

If you are not in a rush I can get 20% discount from my local dealer and could post down the parts you need...

HTH

K

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Happy to stand corrected but I thought it was 36mm and 40mm you need for those calipers.
      quattro non solem quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
        Happy to stand corrected but I thought it was 36mm and 40mm you need for those calipers.
        That's what I have measured them to on a number of occasions...

The bigger 996-351-429/430 GT3/Turbo ones are Inner 32mm & 40mm, the outer Dia of the seal is 46mm & 55mm. (I have just measured these 2 mins ago, as I have a set at home... Pelican quote the dampers for these at 36mm & 44mm, so the info on thier site is not always that acurate...)

I have a couple of sets of the 996-351-425/426 due in from the states this week so I will double check these sizes when they arrive...

HTH

sigpic

Comment

This is exactly my problem - everyone says that they are a different size

As I said, mine are the black calipers from the 996 Carrera 2. I have just had them measured by the garage and he thinks they are roughly 32mm & 36mm but he did that with the calipers still mounted on the car so was not 100% on them.

@ Le S2 Audi - I would be very interested to know what size you measure, particularly on the small piston as it sounds like we might be homing in on 36mm for the larger piston.

The Pelican parts pricing is ludicrous, but I would be very interested to know dealer less 20% pricing looks like for 8 seals, 8 dust caps and one spare piston of each size (2 pistons in total)

Cheers n

Si

P.S. Ironic isn't it if you think of the number of 996 upgrades that we have carried out yet we do not know the spec of the calipers for overhauling

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
            This is exactly my problem - everyone says that they are a different size
            Ironic isn't it if you think of the number of 996 upgrades that we have carried out yet we do not know the spec of the calipers for overhauling

Next sticky for me to work on then I guess... (Note to "ERROR 404" - See not just in it for The Dosh M8 - )...

I have bought a copy of the Porsche PET (AKA VW ETKA) program but I haven't looked at it yet... But I will measure up the 425/426 calipers when they arrive and I will get some prices from the stealers when I have done that...

Ken

sigpic

Comment

why source calipers to sell on if its not for a profit?

im not against it ken. its a service you are providing to those who cannot be bothered or cannot find.

also found that audi gauge pod for the vent. pm me if you still want it.

Comment

Apologies to all if I muddied the waters but I read that as 986 not 996.
                quattro non solem quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                  Apologies to all if I muddied the waters but I read that as 986 not 996.
                  No worries mate... It's something that needs to be sorted so I will do some research and post the info for others to use...

I think the 986 fronts are 30 & 34mm but I can't confirm that as I don't have a set, but thats what I measured them at last time I sold a set...

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                  why source calipers to sell on if its not for a profit?
                  im not against it ken. its a service you are providing to those who cannot be bothered or cannot find.
                  also found that audi gauge pod for the vent. pm me if you still want it.
                  Some peeps on here just think I'm in it to just make money out of selling calipers and they deem me as "scum" cos I make a few quid to keep my car running etc...

You try and make a quick buck off fellow forum members and enthusiasts. Not trying to help anyone out, just line your own pockets. IMHO should be governed by trade advertising rules
                  What they don't understand is that most of the ones I buy are imports, as the ones here are getting thin on the ground and are getting really pricey...

RE Boost Surround; I have gotten one now thanks, but there was a post put up this morning in the for sale section from a guy looking for one... Thanks anyway...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44148

Cheers

K.
                  Last edited by Le S2 Audi; 13 April 2010, 18:01.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                    But I will measure up the 425/426 calipers when they arrive and I will get some prices from the stealers when I have done that...
                    Any news on this please, I really need to get my calipers overhauled and Chip Foose is refusing to take my calls.

Cheers n

Si

Comment

Any news on this please, I really need to get my calipers overhauled and Chip Foose is refusing to take my calls.

Cheers n

Si
                      Yes, been down to the stealers today to get some parts and had 1/2 an hour with the guy on the counter... Just on my way home & will post the info up when I get home... Also have prices etc..

sigpic

Comment

You need 36 & 40 mm seals http://dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/833038536

Buy them from http://www.type911shop.co.uk/shop/ca...aram=cid%3D%26

Comment

That's the trouble matey, I always thought they were 36mm & 40mm too, but my mechanic measured them as smaller and that is what is confusing me.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Boxster S pads fit I would suspect that the Northern Monkey that sold them to me had pulled a fast one

Tears 4 fears
                          Si

Comment

Right at home now with a coffee and calculator in hand...

Now before I start, lets make one thing Crystal Clear... The Prices quoted here are what the stealers have quoted me TODAY 15/04/2010 and Include My 20% Discount and I have added VAT..

I have not added anything to these prices... So if you don't like 'em - DON'T Blame Me..

Right...

996-351-425 & 996-351-426 Front Calipers 996 C2, C4, Boxster S...

Piston Sizes 36 & 40mm

40mm Piston Repair Kit... No 951.351.917.01 Cost £12.35 for Each Caliper.
                            36mm Piston Repair Kit... No 951.351.917.00 Cost £12.35 for Each Caliper.
                            Damper Pad.. No. 996.351.088.01 £18.80 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            Pad Retaining Springs, Bolts & Clips.. No. 996.352.959.01 £20.00 This Pack Does Both Calipers.
                            Pistons Are NOT available separately From Porsche...

996-352-421 & 996-351-422 Rear Calipers...

Piston Sizes 28 & 30mm

30mm Piston Repair Kit... No. 951.352.917.01 Cost £8.65 for Each Caliper.
                            28mm Piston Repair Kit... No 951.352.917.00 Cost £9.90 for Each Caliper.
                            Damper Pads..
                            30mm No. 964.352.096.00 £7.40 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            28mm No. 964.352.096.01 £7.40 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            Pad Retaining Springs, Bolts & Clips.. No. 996.352.959.01 £20.00 This Pack Does Both Calipers.
                            Pistons Are NOT Available separately From Porsche...

996-351-429 & 996-351-430 GT2/GT3 C4 Turbo Front Calipers...

Piston Sizes 38 & 44mm

44mm Piston Repair Kit... No. 928.351.917.00 Cost £12.35 for Each Caliper.
                            38mm Piston Repair Kit... No. 951.351.917.00 Cost £14.65 for Each Caliper.
                            Damper Pad.. No. 996.351.089.00 £18.80 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            Pad Retaining Springs, Bolts & Clips.. No. 996.351.959.30 £ For got to get this one.. This Pack Does Both Calipers.
                            Pistons Are NOT available separately From Porsche...

996-352-425 & 996-351-426 Rear Calipers... These Calipers are the same size as the 996-351-425/426 but have smaller pistons and the transfer pipes & Bleed Nipples are in the opposite holes. AFAIK

Piston Sizes 28 & 30mm

30mm Piston Repair Kit... No. 951.352.917.01 Cost £8.65 for Each Caliper.
                            28mm Piston Repair Kit... No 951.352.917.00 Cost £9.90 for Each Caliper.
                            Damper Pads..
                            30mm No. 964.352.096.00 £7.40 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            28mm No. 964.352.096.01 £7.40 Each & you need 2 Per Caliper.
                            Pistons Are NOT Available separately From Porsche...

Done

HTH.....

sigpic

Comment

That's the trouble matey, I always thought they were 36mm & 40mm too, but my mechanic measured them as smaller and that is what is confusing me.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Boxster S pads fit I would suspect that the Northern Monkey that sold them to me had pulled a fast one

Tears 4 fears
                              Si
                              I hate to say this but it sounds like you have 996-352-425 & 996-352-426 calipers which are GT3 rears.

They take the same pad as the monoblock fronts but have smaller pistons AFAIK

Comment

Working...
                              X