Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

370mm disc too large for cup 1 17'' RS2 rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 370mm disc too large for cup 1 17'' RS2 rims?

What is the largest disc that can fit under the OEM RS2 cup1 rims/993tt calipers?
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

370mm aren't going to fit, they would be 18" only and I doubt the calipers could accept the disc without overhang.

Even ultimot.de rate the 350mm RS2 conversions as 18" only

330mm are a tight fight with 996 turbo calipers under 17" on an RS2 which is going to the max size you're going to be able to run IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      370mm aren't going to fit, they would be 18" only and I doubt the calipers could accept the disc without overhang.

Even ultimot.de rate the 350mm RS2 conversions as 18" only

330mm are a tight fight with 996 turbo calipers under 17" on an RS2 which is going to the max size you're going to be able to run IMO
      It does depend on the caliper too, as Jamo says, 370 is too big. I have 345mm discs inside my Cup 1's, but I do not have Porsche calipers...

Chris
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
        It does depend on the caliper too, as Jamo says, 370 is too big. I have 345mm discs inside my Cup 1's, but I do not have Porsche calipers...

Chris
        He posted that he was using Porsche 993tt calipers in his 1st post

Porsche calipers = big

Comment

No chance!
          Chef

Comment

Thanks for the replies.. at the moment 370mm is the smallest PCCB disc Porsche makes as I can tell from searching. Trying to achieve a lightweight brake/rim setup so a huge caliper and disc is not for me because they'll have to fit nicely under the 17'' cup 1.

Any suggestions other than 993tt steel disc? Probably not the 17'' rim restricts much choices
            Cheers mis amigos,
            _Anton

Comment

4 wheel drifter struggled with pccb i can not remember what he done though?
              Chef

Comment

Rocco did it I think but had to run 18 or 19" alloys

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                  4 wheel drifter struggled with pccb i can not remember what he done though?
                  Would be nice to hear his experience on them.

I was hoping to lose some weight but I won't go larger rims to accommodate pccb disc as Id rather stick with 17'' mag rims which lose the more weight over all. Will update my thread once I get on further.
                  Cheers mis amigos,
                  _Anton

Comment

Your disc is 14.5" under 17" rims.I fitted 360mm with 6 pistons giant calipers under 18" rims.I got 3-4 mm room
                    From the inner rims.
                    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

For 370mm your talking 19" rims unless you fond a vety expensive set of racing wheels, but then you would need 18"!
                      Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Working...
                      X