This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compbrake new standard rear caliper

Don't know if it's been covered, but Compbrake now do a replacement rear caliper for the rear of the S2 very cheaply indeed. I had a chat to one of the compbrake guys at the Autosport show and he assured me that you will not have any issues with any of their products.

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/index.php...productId=1127
    Audi Nut!!!

look very similar to the ones that custom auto craft do,they look to be based on the later mk4 golf/a4/leon/a3 design.

Comment

2nd that, CAC does them with new pads AFAIK.

Comment

I have an issue, mmy big expensive fron calipers from compbrake have both sprung a leak!
        Maybe through lack of use, need to take them off and see what compbrake can do

Comment

TBH the Compbrake stuff is just the same old bad quality TAS equipment. I'm not a fan.

Hopefully the rear calipers are better than their fronts !

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
            look very similar to the ones that custom auto craft do,they look to be based on the later mk4 golf/a4/leon/a3 design.

Compbrake;

Custom Auto craft;

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Chinese?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

I'd say they are... Price is not much better than getting exchange ones via GSF or ECP - but then we don't really know where all those come from either - ahh the global economy - makes for a world of confusion
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

If they don't seize up like the oem ones do then they could be nice, however if I am replacing the pair might as well go 280 disc with urs4 calipers etc.
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

They do seize up eventually, but I think it'll take years. I have ran pair of those in my A6 tdi for a year now, in harsh Finnish environment (-20 C temperatures, salt, gravel, dirt, etc.) And for now they are holding up just fine. Recently installed another pair in my girlfriend's aby coupe. There is a pad fitment issue though. I had only slightly worn TRW pads & discs on the coupe, so I decided just to swap calipers. The TRW pad has higher mounting tab for the anti-rattle spring than the pads that came along the calipers (from CAC). So the tab hits the caliper, as the hole in those aluminum ones is a little shorter than cast iron ones. Hard to explain, but you can easily see the difference when you compare the calipers side-to-side. I just grinded the hole longer, I don't think that the caliper is going to deform anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X