Brake lines for fitting alloy S8 rear calipers to S2 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines for fitting alloy S8 rear calipers to S2 coupe

I'm going to be fitting these next week and was going to order some custom brake lines. Does anyone have the specs for the lines I need, length is the main thing I need to know but if someone had the full specs from their install that would be ideal.

which S8's are they?...
    As I found the B7 S4's have a different thread size (M12) for the brakeline hole....

Comment

They're the W4D0 615 423 E & W4D0 615 424 E calipers with the funny brake line caliper connection as pictured here:

I do have the original S8 lines as pictured but they look tired.

Comment

it was something I had to sort when I had braided lines made for mine as Goodridge don't do end fittings at M12.....if your thinking of using standard lines, you'll be fine...

Comment

For the record if anyone ever does this conversion:

The standard S8 brake lines are a bit too short - you can get them to fit but there is a bit of a nasty bend which always made me worry about them.

In the hunt for more suitable slightly longer brake lines I found this post on quattroworld.

So perfect brake lines for the job are C5 S6 rear brake lines. Hope that helps someone.

Comment

Working...
          X