No announcement yet.

Porsche brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expect to pay something like 26% on the price of the calipers and shipping. Thats what I worked it out to be when i was looking to get a group buy organised for a set of big blacks (new). With the £/$ at something 1.86 you should get a good deal anywhere in the states currently, even better if you can find a canadian breaker as they are 2.28$cdn to the £1.

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Try:
      911 Design
      or
      Douglas Valley
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

David the 26% is that just for import fees? So when I find a pair of calipers for, let see, $400. I will have to pay:
        costs calipers: $400
        shipping costs: $80 (just a guess)
        import fees: (400 + 80)*1.26= $604,80

total in euro (€)will be (604.8/1.3) = 465 euro.
        Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

I paid £250 plus VAT (£293.75) for a pair of Front 996 monoblocks from Prosch-Apart in Bury Lancs - 01706 824 665

They are almost spotless, only a couple of chips and came with just about brand new pads, all shims and clips etc.

6 months later still haven't fitted them
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

that is a good buy!. But do I also need to pay our Dutch Tax over the amount of € 465. So that will be 465 x 1.19 (19% tax in the Netherlands)= 553,35. Or ist this only when I buy it at a company?

9 months ago I bought a Gtech pro competition in America. I arranged the pick up, because the shipping costs where much to high if I compare them with our prices from FedEx.( the company where I work doesa lot of parcel express all over the world)

I let them (the company where i bought the Gtech from) make an invoice on a company adress of a friend of my,and picked a taric code for which I didnt have to pay import fees. I got the gtech pro competition whithout import fees and taxes. I only had to pay the price for the gtech and the shipping costs.

I think you have to work something out with the company from which you buy it.
            Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
              Where are good places to look for secondhand callipers?
              What sort of money am I looking at?
              What carriers are suitable?
              Is machining the discs to 308mm dia. absolutely necessary or are there alternative discs that can be used?

Some links given to me by Jamo about the exact same modifications to his car:

http://www.slybadger.com/cars/s2/brakes.htm

http://www.slybadger.com/cars/s2/brakedetail.htm
              Hope those webpages of mine are of some help..... !

RE the trimming down to 308mm - It has to be said that a fair few people have left it all running with standard A8 disks and are happy with the way things fit together.
              Give it a go and see how things look on yours.
              I did exactly this - and although I tried to tell myself it wasn't too close - it became apparent after only a week or so that there was interference between the wheel and the caliper.

..... oh and horvathg - your red ones aren't the same calipers as the ones I used!

RE the brackets - RS2 brackets work. Custom brackets work. And there is talk of some being available at Seat Dealers at bargain prices. Never seen them successfully used in this application though. Stick insect I think was looking into it last I heard!

G'luck.

Comment

Working...
              X