Autocheck brake warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocheck brake warning

The red flashing 'BRAKE' periodically comes up on the autocheck.

Is there any way to find out what triggers it? VAG Com?

Candidates are -
    • pas reservoir
    • brake reservoir
    • pressure sensor

Anything else?

I believe that if it was a light, it would say brake light (I've put mine in English )

This has been coming on and off since I swapped out the brake servo, although that could just be my brain playing tricks. Just want to know what to check.

Brakes work fine and the bomb is about 6 years old. I've got some new fluid but the stuff that's in there is about 18 months old and it's had many litres to flush it through over the years.
    Last edited by Rusty; 30 July 2013, 17:31.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Going round corners too quick in my S2

All the fluids are at the correct levels.....
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

could be Although it occasionally happens first thing and then goes off.
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

The bomb starting to go out..? Is the brake feeling stiff or soft? Maybe a air buble in the linings?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I'll test the bomb but the brakes feel nice and strong at the moment...
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

With engine off how many pumps do you get of the brake before it goes hard. The brake peddle that is. :banghead:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
              With engine off how many pumps do you get of the brake before it goes hard. The brake peddle that is. :banghead:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It's the bomb not holding enough pressure I'd say..

I changed mine for the sake of getting rid of the annoying beeping sound occasionally and haven't heard a peep since

Clutch engagement, steering and brakes are all much smoother as a result though I like to nitpick a lot
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Is pas pump leaking? Tis what caused the light on my v6, tool the covers off and there was more fluid outside the pump than in

Comment

I have the same (who doesn't) Loads of pumps avail on the bomb. I just ignore it, it only does it three times when ignition goes on until the pressure builds. After that it, it's silent.

I am more peeved with the water light/beep. Levels are fine, I reckon it is the level sensor is basically old or crusty. Temp gauges and cooling system works faultlessly. It is 22yrs old, I just put up with it as it only very rarely sounds.

Comment

Brake servo seals leaking...will loose the pressure fast throw that one.
                      start the car, let'it run for few minutes than stop and remove the return hose from servo
                      only few drops should come out..iff more..than the servo is on his way out.
                      i think this is the culprit...big money for an new one i am afraid..

Comment

Yeah, could be the seals. See how it goes...
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I have the same on mine occuring. Apparently its common, caused by the check valve on the brake bomb not working properly and not much fluid to go back to the reservoir., causes the low warning to go for the PAS fluid. Check it out and when you start up have a look at reservoir level
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Have you tried the switch in the brake fluid reservoir cap?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Had the same problem. It turned out to be a leak in the pipe from the PAS reservoir to the pump: trying filling up to max. Check also the level indicator in the PAS reservoir. AFAIK this also sends a signal to give you the brake light. Sometimes this went off when I went turned one way but came on when I turned the other, suggesting the reservoir level sensor. HTH
                              2001 996 C4 - Being renovated
                              1994 ABY Coupe - "Das Smaragd RS2+ Coupe" - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X