No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Foliatec caliper paint.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still searching? I have used Foliatec 2 times. It works just great. It is a bit time consuming to apply the paint (2 layers) but it is really worth the effort. Surface preparation is the key. It will last for many years and it is brake fluid resistant.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, in the end I went for a POR brake caliper painting kit as I've been generally happy with their other products, was much the same sort of price as the Foilatec kit. Not used it as yet but sorting out my Alcon brakes is my next job on the car so will report back soon.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

If your worried about fluid running down the callipers when you crack off the bleed nipples to bleed them out. I've always found that if you PTFE tape the nipple threads first you get no spillage or leaks at all.

I used this often at work as we use a vac bleeder and its a pain in the **** as it can pull air down past the threads and make it look like you still have air in the system.

Comment

That's a good idea! Never occurred to me, of course PTFE is brake fluid proof
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X