No announcement yet.

Rear calipers with big fronts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good enough to me. I think I'll go down that route for now.

@ Mark- Did you notice any improvement from stock? I'm mainly doing it to put larger disc's on but would be nice to know
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

I don't if it was brought up before, but the piston on the A8 caliper are slightly larger than the ones on the UrS6. You should get a little more braking power out of the A8.

Greg W.
      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
        @ Mark- Did you notice any improvement from stock? I'm mainly doing it to put larger disc's on but would be nice to know
        Mark,

Well I did notice a small improvement but that may be because the old brakes were in a bad way with siezing calipers, worn discs etc.

But as Greg says the piston in the A8 caliper is bigger so it should make a difference.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Halligan
          Yes Greg is right about that hole being a touch too small, I just crawled under the car and snapped a pic.

Me being the bodger I am when I did the conversion, I just pushed the cable end into the bracket and fitted the clip, I didn't open up the hole and as can be seen in the photo the cable sleeve end is not fully seated (arrow).

Mind you in my defence it still works perfectly well.

Mark.
          Aye Mark - your 'bodges' are famous now !

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Greg could You write VAG part numbers of this A8 caliper and S8 carrier.
            Will be good caliper from Audi A8 quattro 1996y (VAG number is 4D0 615 423 and 4D0 615 424) ??
            Audi S2 Coupe - parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by pilachgt
              Greg could You write VAG part numbers of this A8 caliper and S8 carrier.
              Will be good caliper from Audi A8 quattro 1996y (VAG number is 4D0 615 423 and 4D0 615 424) ??
              Mark has a write up here with all the numbers.

Greg W.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724
              They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

what discs fits without problems Your setup Mark, size, type etc, any mods to be made?

Comment

Working...
                X