Big Brake conversion onto B7 A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caliper mocked up on S2

s you can see there are some subtle differences. it does fit the disc perfectly. The pads are the same just a little longer. I reckon looking at the size of the carrier jim had fitted that there is plenty of room to make a carrier on the A4. I have a rare day to myself tomorrow so will offer them up to the 320 S4 discs on my A4 then make a visit to see Dave at BG... I actually reckon they would mate up to the S2 carriers fine but the offset is wrong for the A4.
    Attached Files

Comment

You are quite right mate they are the larger 4 pots
      If you are making custom brackets for them, I would definately use the 345mm S4 rotors, they are not expensive and you will make full use of the larger caliper
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'll have a look/think On it tomorrow when I can offer them up to the car.

Comment

A little update. With 320 the caliper was too close to the upright to fit a carrier. So it would require 345mm. Not a problem however the caliper fouls the wheel. I'd need a 15 mm spacer, that's not happening.
          plan b was looking at 4 pot options but the price was around 1/3 value of the car.
          plan c 2.0 tfsi calipers/ carriers with 320 x 30 s4 discs sorted for 250 quid. I believe they are the same as early b6 s4 so that's good enough for me. Better bite and better looking behind 18s oh and cheap and a simple bolt On then bleed, perfect!

Comment

B6 S4 brakes are pretty good actually, I've not managed to smoke ours yet and tried pretty hard
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm sure I'll be very happy with them and it's a cheap factory fit upgrade that is cheap to maintain on my daily.

Comment

S4/TFSI Brake upgrade fitted

Here is the end result. If I get chance i may put a little silver paint on then but for me its a case of function over looks at this time.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice upgrade for the price too
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Does anyone know if I can fit B5 RS4 disks and callipers to a front drive B7?

Comment

yes you can. The mounting point centre to centre measurment on the upright is 146 mm same as B6/B7

Comment

I ended up selling the callipers on after they were no good for Steve. The cayenne 18z are massume though

Comment

I hate it when people don't close a thread. I've replaced the rear discs and pads with New bosch ones plus a fluid chrange.
                          after just 30 miles it feels like hitting a wall when tapping the brakes. The pedal travel is just right and firm. Great upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                          X