My ABS died!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ABS died!

Went for a drive in the coupe today, gave it some beans, as it came on boost the ABS light came on, tried resetting with the switch on the dash to no avail. Stopped car, switch on ignition, ABS light comes on, start car and drive off, light stays on. Tried diff lock in and out, no change.

I'm going to check fuses and poke about under the rear seat and check connectors to the pump. Anything else I can check?

Battery was a little low this morning after not being driven for a couple of weeks but she starts fine now and the voltmeter shows about 13v.

It started life as a 3B, is there likely to be anything worth looking at in vagcom?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

My 3b ABS wont talk to my VCDS, I have no idea why? Your vlotage does seem a little low but that said sometimes my light stays on but the battery light does too until i rev the engine and it goes. I would guess its just an air gap on a sensor.

Comment

I had an old B3 CQ that used to do this. I had to really push the ABS switch hard on and off a few times and it would go out. I ended up selling the car before I ever got to the bottom of it, so not sure if this just somehow temporarily sorted it out or if the actual switch was to blame.

Comment

The fuse in the relay is worth a look, I've also had a component fall off the PCB in the relay before!
        Early ABS doesn't talk to vagcom unfortunately
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Fuse under the bonnet was ok so I had a look under the seat, re-seated the relay and tidied up a connector that was out of it's clip, started her up and the light went out, Result!
          Stayed out during a wee spirited drive round the local lanes too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Excellent news Newsh. Diagnosing abs faults will be fun then.

Comment

That was quick John,one more headache out of the way in a swift manner. How did you get on with the Aircon fan?
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                That was quick John,one more headache out of the way in a swift manner. How did you get on with the Aircon fan?
                It's nice when something's a quick fix! I wonder if it will stay fixed

I've lent the Avant to a mate while his car is being rebuilt and he's been using it this weekend so no chance to try fitting the fan.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X