Ur quattro rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ur quattro rr

Any help from ur Quattro owners been bleeding the brakes manually from back to front longest away to shortest away it has big reds on front got the bubbles out till it was clear and clean brake fluid coming out the brake pedal feels good after bleeding but it vibrates once you apply brakes while driving it and exclamation mark comes on dash and there's no leaks under car what's causing the vibrations abs sensors are fine

Does the vibration feel like the ABS triggering or a warped disc?
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Hi Andy Discs are fine I think but would need double check again if there blue as this could be a sign of warped discs and I've not driven it yet so can't say Andy sorry,only been told by Steve brown but once I bleed it again and test it I will know but yes I had a abs sensor fault on my s2 aby similar problem how Steve told me just have to double check everything thanks

Comment

If you've been working on the brakes, I'd pull out all the ABS sensors and check there's nothing stuck to the end of them. They're magnetic and if any bits of rust or debris stick to the end it will cause triggering problems.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
          If you've been working on the brakes, I'd pull out all the ABS sensors and check there's nothing stuck to the end of them. They're magnetic and if any bits of rust or debris stick to the end it will cause triggering problems.
          I'd already had the rear ABS sensors out Andy and one had some sh*te stuck to it. Will do the fronts tomorrow.

The pedal feels good when the engine is turned off, but when running, the pedal goes slowly to the floor with a vibration and if pushed quickly, the brake warning light will emit for an instant.

I've pressure bled again and put a litre through each rear caliper this evening and still no good!
          Steve

1990 RR 20V
          1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

I'm afraid this may be the Servo going bad Steve

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

If the problem was ABS related, try driving with Difflocks engaged- this switches ABS off (Unless yours has ABS switch on dashboard, from memory it was by drivers' left knee on mine,in which case try that).

I've just remembered as well that I changed the Brake Master Cylinder because of probs with mine- not a difficult or expensive job. The BMC came from Pete Reeve, and it arrived the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                If the problem was ABS related, try driving with Difflocks engaged- this switches ABS off (Unless yours has ABS switch on dashboard, from memory it was by drivers' left knee on mine,in which case try that).

I've just remembered as well that I changed the Brake Master Cylinder because of probs with mine- not a difficult or expensive job. The BMC came from Pete Reeve, and it arrived the following day.
                Just changed the BMC as the front brakes were binding on, hence the brake bleeding.

Going to have another go tomorrow with the foot pedal.
                Steve

1990 RR 20V
                1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  I'm afraid this may be the Servo going bad Steve
                  How can you reliably test the Brake Servo?

The favorite at the moment seems to be the Brake Accumulator, but before I go for it I want to check the Brake Servo.
                  Steve

1990 RR 20V
                  1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
                    How can you reliably test the Brake Servo?

The favorite at the moment seems to be the Brake Accumulator, but before I go for it I want to check the Brake Servo.
                    I have the accumulator off my 3B if you want to borrow it for testing?
                    sigpic

Comment

Not trying to be cheeky but did you bleed both sides on the big reds... If you only
                      did the outer you would get pretty harsh vibration...

cheers, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by audiurq View Post
                        Not trying to be cheeky but did you bleed both sides on the big reds... If you only
                        did the outer you would get pretty harsh vibration...

cheers, Mike
                        Yes I did.

I'm going to remove the return hose from the Brake Servo today as this seems to be the best way of checking. If little or no fluid comes out, then it should mean that it is the Brake Accumulator.

Got this from S2central's site:

Testing the brake servo for leaks -

Keeping the engine off, disconnect the hydraulic RETURN pipe on the brake servo. A few drops of hydraulic fluid should escape. If a continuous flow is observed, the brake servo is faulty and must be renewed and reconnected to the hydraulic system.

http://s2central.net/main_frame.html
                        Last edited by steverrquattro; 18 February 2015, 19:04.
                        Steve

1990 RR 20V
                        1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

I've removed the return pipe from the Brake Servo and there were lots of droplets of PAS fluid. So much so, that after 1 minute, it was still gushing out so I just refitted the union.

Putting on a brave face, I have contacted GSF who told me it is not available. Not to worry I thought to myself as Pete reeve will have one of these and guess what........he hasn't, nor has he ever supplied one.

I talked to him about all the threads on here and that people had replaced them, so my question is, where do I get one from?

Is there a seal kit available?

Is this the correct part number 857612107C ?
                          Last edited by steverrquattro; 19 February 2015, 14:40.
                          Steve

1990 RR 20V
                          1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Hi steve the correct part number is 859 612 107 for the RR quattro
                            Quattro Corner Audi OEM Parts

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
                              I've removed the return pipe from the Brake Servo and there were lots of droplets of PAS fluid. So much so, that after 1 minute, it was still gushing out so I just refitted the union.

Putting on a brave face, I have contacted GSF who told me it is not available. Not to worry I thought to myself as Pete reeve will have one of these and guess what........he hasn't, nor has he ever supplied one.

I talked to him about all the threads on here and that people had replaced them, so my question is, where do I get one from?

Is there a seal kit available?

Is this the correct part number 857612107C ?
                              I think I've done this wrong. Having just repeated it now and for clarity, no droplets came out of the Brake Servo and the fluid just stayed level at the top of the hole from where I took the return pipe out.

However, it was the return pipe from which the droplets came and NOT the Brake Servo.

Can I assume that with a faulty Brake Servo, you are looking for any PAS fluid to come from the hole where the return pipe fits in the Brake Master cylinder?
                              Steve

1990 RR 20V
                              1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Working...
                              X