No announcement yet.

RS2 Handbrake Adjuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was referring to fig. 46-922 on page 46-13.
    Last edited by Nuvo; 1 April 2016, 16:06.

Comment

Mike2 Thanks you have pointed me to the drawing i must have skipped over, thats why i joined the forum for all of your direction.

I will go give it another look, thanks again

Martin

Comment

Thanks Nuvo

Comment

let me know if you need a better quality pic of this. The scans were done at low res
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

If I was you I would remove the wheels and disc to strip and clean the adjuster if its not been done in your ownership. That's what I did to mine as everything gets 'caked up'

Comment

Simon Im going to try the adjusters first to see if they move or are adjustable, if not then i will strip them to look and clean them up, do you know if the handbrake shoes are still available?

Comment

Just for thread completeness

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

this handbrake is crap, if you have possibility change it to hydraulic

Comment

Hand brake now adjusted superbly, once i had bought myself a decent bright torch i could see the adjusted as described and it was a simple as its supposed to be. Better that removing the prop-shaft, it took me all of about 2 mins on each adjuster once i had got the wheels off. Thanks very much all who gave good advice.

Comment

I need to do this as well but what I hope it at some point to make custom brackets and fit some brake calipers I have in addition to the rs2 ones that will only work as handbrake. I hope to connect the existing cables to them

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why complicate matters when they have a system that works well anyway?

Comment

Because you have to do that roughly every 1000miles as it is so poor it never manages to keep the car on a slight slope..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                            Because you have to do that roughly every 1000miles as it is so poor it never manages to keep the car on a slight slope..
                            +++
                            Actually you are very lucky if you have to do that ONLY every ¬1000miles.

Comment

I find that hard to understand to have to adjust every 1000 miles, if the handbrake is adjusted properly then the shoes shouldn't wear as its only applied when the car is stopped so shouldn't induce any wear on the brake shoes at all. Unless its mal-adjusted or your moving with the handbrake applied.

Anyway I hope that mine lasts longer than 1000 miles, I will let you know of it is an issue.

Comment

You will be doing it again very soon! Its is funny though that the system on the BMW 5 series works so does the one on the t5 transporter. Audi rs2..U.S

Comment

Working...
                                X