Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't turn off rear wiper?

Hi gang
    I'm having problems with the rear screen wiper on my 91 3B Coupe - I can turn it on, and it wipes and goes on to intermittent, but after that I don't seem to be able to turn it off again, or make the screen wash pump switch on.

The first wipe across the screen is quite jerky too.

What's gone wrong? What do I need to do to fix it? Anyone else had this? Any BTDT experience?

Cheers
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Few possible reasons to investigate Dan.

1/ The wiring which goes from the tailgate to the body (top left hand looking from the rear of the car) This can cause problem as over the years the wiring becomes brittle and cracks, if it does the various wires can short against each other.
    2/ Switch has become dirty. Dust can build up on the contacts in the switch on the stalk. Try a switch cleaner spray and give it a good wiggle about (worked for me once on my cq20v)
    3/ The grease on the rear wiper motor itself can go dry eventually causing the motor to jerk around (no pun intended). Follow this link on how to fix it. (this worked on my 2.3e coupe)

My money is on the wiring or switch.

HTH's
    Jas
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

option 2 for me, did it 5 years ago just after i bought the car, quick squirt then tada, been fine ever since!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Yeah option 2 did it for me to, however if you find out that you need a new relay or a new wiper motor i got both and there are brand new. Since i did the stupid and bought the relay first then the wiper motor and then in the end i cleaned the switch.

/Jonas R.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Working...
        X