This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control

So, does Cruise Control come as standard on an S2 coupe, or was it an option?

JB
    John Bowlerwell
    Electronic Engineer

Present:
    Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
    Previous:
    Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
    Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Option. It is more or less easy to install it afterwards with original parts.
    Marcel

Comment

In the process of fitting it myself, its plug & play when you have all the parts.

Switches (with controls)
      Servo Pump
      Throttle linkage & vacuum diagram
      Switches/sensors for brake and clutch pedals.

Everything is a part of the one wiring loom, and there is also a vacuum hose loom that connects to everything as well.

If you are buying parts from a LHD drive to fit to a RHD you need to modify the servo pump bracket and lengthen the wiring loom & vacuum hose.

Mark.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

hey mark,is it really plug and play?even if the cara never had cruise control,this thing can work fine and install?
        thanks
        Vasilis

Comment

Yes as long as you get everything you need, the system has its own loom and vacume loom and is basically a stand alone system. There is only one connection to the cars wiring loom and its a small 2 or 3 pin blue plug, it will already be there under your dash, hence plug and play

3B and ABY engines have a different length linkage rod and mounting bracket (due to different manifold) i wouldnt be surprised if the rest is the same parts for all models...

Comment

how about adu engines?

Comment

I cant see any reason why it would be different to an ABY, same intake manifold and throttle body.

Mark.

Comment

if i dont find the 3 pin plug that it is supposed to be there in the car,and if im in a position to have a set without the 3 pin connector,then where do i connect the cables that supposedly went in that blue plug?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

having read the schematics from the dash it seems that the blue plug (26pin connector) has on the 18th hole the speed signal output.does anyone know which cable is supposed to connect there?

white/blue?
                    red/black?
                    blue/black?

i already connected the brown to earth but im at a loss with the rest of them...
                    please help!

cheers
                    vasilis

Comment

I've been looking for schematics on this. All the cars 1994 onwards refer me to the 1992 schematics which I don't have yet, but luckily there is a 1992 80/80 quattro covered in the Bentley manual for the 80/90/CQ. I don't have a scanner here unfort - its sheet 27-20-5 if anyone wants to send PapVas a cheeky JPG.

Here's the descriptive run down... There are five components to the CC system interlinked by one auxiliary wiring loom.
                      1 - Cruise control unit (lives under the rear seat or behind glove box !!!)
                      2 - Vacuum control motor (in the engine bay)
                      3 - Control switch (stalk on the steering column)
                      4 - Vacuum vent valve, brake pedal
                      5 - Vacuum vent valve, clutch pedal

The system works by an electrically controlled vacuum motor which actuates the throttle position. Vent valves at the brake and clutch pedals deactivate the cruise position if either pedal is pressed. Control is provided by the steering wheel stalk switch. Fuse 12 protects the system.

Grounds are provided for the cruise loom at the A-pillar on drivers side.

Four connectors are used on the cruise loom...

T3b = 3-pin, BLUE (only one pin used)
                      T5f = 5-pin, BLUE (only three pins used)
                      T6j = 6-pin

Three flying wires plus a ground strap are also required as follows:

1 - T6j/6 to brake light switch via Red/Black connector into T10b/5 (Brown 10-pin connector in rear harness)

2 - T6j/4 to fused side of S12 in fuse panel (black/blue wire- shared with reversing lights)

3 - T3b/3 (White/Blue) to VSS on T26a/18 (Blue 26-pin behind cluster) supposedly via T10a/9 (Black 10-pin behind cluster). This is the famous white/blue vehicle speed signal (VSS).

So the connectors on the loom are wired as follows -

T3b/3 -> White/Blue -> T26a/18 (via T10a/9 if necessary)

T5f/1 = Blue/Red wire connecting pin 10 on cruise controller to pin 1 on motor unit
                      T5f/2 = Brown/Red connecting pin 4 of cruise controller to pin 2 on the motor unit
                      T5f/3 = Green/Blue from pin 7 of controller unit to pin 3 on motor unit

T6j/1 = Red/Green from control switch pin 1 to vacuum valve, brake
                      T6j/2 = Blue wire from control switch pin 2 to cruise control unit pin 6
                      T6j/3 = Red/Yellow from control switch pin 3 to controller unit pin 2
                      T6j/4 = Black/Blue to fused side of S12
                      T6j/5 = Blue/Red from control switch pin 5 to controller unit pin 1
                      T6j/6 = Red/Black to brake light switch

Its worth noting that a red/yellow wire connects the two vacuum valves and that pin 3 on the cruise controller unit connects to the clutch valve with a red/green wire.

Finally, pin 8 on the control unit provides the ground point for the cruise system with a brown earth strap connected to the A-pillar.

HTH - all with the caveat thats from Bentley manual for 1992 80 quattro - highly confident this is common to cruise on S2 and RS2 for later years going by the info I have here.

Paul
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Hi guys, starting the installation soon but was wondering where this cable goes?

Cable

has these connectors, one yellow wire that seems to belong in some connector judging by the "clip" at end of wire. Any Ideas?

Comment

They look like the wiring for the onbard computer to me, see here http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...light=computer

Comment

Yes, it appears to be that one. No need for that then, it came with the rest of the looms from Ebay so I thought it has something to do with cruise control. Thanks mate !

Comment

S2central.net

Is there anywhere I could find this information online for a URS6 AAN C4 chassis ?

Thanks

Jim
                              Jim B
                              97 S6 AAN Quattro Avant C4 | Powerflow Cat Back EX | Milltek Hyperboost RV | MAC N75 Valve | FMIC | HID's (Dip & Fog's)| MRC Re-map SII | Carbon interior | De-chromed | Short shift | Samco Air Hoses |

http://smogthemog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X