No announcement yet.

Options for 3b ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do need an ABY/AAN/ADU valve cover, maybe coilpack cover if you really want it but it's not necessary to have it...
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Received the rs2 ECU and the wireloom ( didnt know there where so much connections) , thanks to Tjalling (TDHAA). The valve cover is on its way from Germany.
      I was wondering if I could still use the normall 3b MAF (ofcourse I will not put in near the airbox), I thought that the range of the rs2 MAF is a bit wider but I dont know if this will effect the performance.

Some can tell me more?

thanks,

Erik
      Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Are both of these mentioned coilpack upgrades (I assume for the 3B engine) needed for the GT 2871 turbo?

Are the coils of the 1.8T coilpack conversion "in cilinder"* (without cable) or are the coils placed somewhere else (with cable) (ofcourse they are both distributor less, 5 coilpack)

What kind of cost are involved (labour and parts) for both to get the job done properly?

* I don't know the correct word for it

Comment

Working...
        X