Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Speedo cluster options?

Hello,

I have managed to broke my S2 speedo needle.

Does someone have spare speedo cluster only? Or does C4 S4 speedo cluster fits also? Asking because all s4 clusters costs only 40€ but S2 200€. How can i have my speedo back?

can you use a normal 80 speedo needle. need to take the cluster apart.

Comment

I have normal 80 speedo but needle is attached also to that spring. It gives wrong readings as i have readed on forums..Isnt that true?
      Some says that use normal 80 speedo cluster and i have done that but now kmh reading is wrong by 9-12kmh.

Comment

The needles themsleves are interchangeable
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

How If the needle is attached to the spring?

Comment

When I changed my dial faces I pulled the needles off.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, you can pull the needle off. That is, if the needle itself is broken, not the shaft. But it has to be done very carefully since the shaft breaks very easily and then I don't think it is possible to save it anymore.
              1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Yes its then a shaft what is broken. Shaft is attached to spring system. So what is still my options?
                Some says that 260 speed cluster works there. Some says it will not read right because 260 speedom. is for V6 engine.
                Have someone some good idea to help forum member to see right readings again

Comment

On late model clusters with torx bolts holding dial faces, needle usually comes off with shaft and spring, speedometer then can be thrown in the bin.
                  What I did, was I took 260 speedometer and swapped over MPH dial face. It reads right up to ~140km/h. After that it's very expensive anyway.

Comment

260 mph speedometer and on that you attached KMH speedo dial face?
                    So its the only option?

Comment

260kmh V6 speedometer with S2 MPH dial face. Not saying it's the only option, just the one that worked for me. Take your S2 speedo dial face, put it on top of other speedometers and see how speed marks lines up.

Comment

I have done that. 220 and 260kmh readings are the same. So only thing is to find some S2 speedo cluster.

Comment

I suspect you can adjust the sweep using screws on the back of the speedo? or maybe dipswitches?

I had mine apart recently, but didn't look very hard at this, as mine works just fine -the needle pulled of and on OK too.

Comment

No screws or switches for adjusting sweep.
                            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
                            X