Coupe central locking issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe central locking issue

unsure if this should be in electrical or interior section really.
    and I’m sure it’s covered before but you guys may be able to save me hours of searching..

basicly cant get my car to lock at all (3B coupe 1992)
    not from key or with remote.. (only just bought it) a mate has had it sat on drive for a couple years unlocked.
    And I’m not sure if you can even lock these from inside any way?
    key goes in and turns clockwise only on both sides but has some resistance but nothing.. pump doesn’t seem to make any noise or be doing much, fuse 19 is ok..
    sounds like pump issue to me but it all looks good to me, pump is clean

so just wondering for advice if anyone’s fixed same issue before I fork out for a new pump..

Someone more knowledgeable than me will correct this but it's something like " pin 23 reset " where you earth a pin on either the ECUor the immobiliser circuit inside the vacuum pump behind the rear drivers side panel. Apologies if this is garbage but trying to help lads.
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Like single time earth out or hardwiring it in and power up to reset

Comment

Yes it's something like that. Sorry I don't fully understand what was happening but the guy couldn't understand why it didn't happen automatically when the vacuum pump was disconnected and reconnected?
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I had this on my 3B and it was driving me crazy until I traced the wiring from the pump forward to find it had perished under the carpet beside the driver seat. I remember someone saying they had found the same issue on theirs too. Worth checking

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick
            I had this on my 3B and it was driving me crazy until I traced the wiring from the pump forward to find it had perished under the carpet beside the driver seat. I remember someone saying they had found the same issue on theirs too. Worth checking
            That was me! Wiring had cracked under carpet and moisture got in, took me ages to find! The break was where the loom goes into the plastic cable trunking, near the loud pedal.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

That was me! Wiring had cracked under carpet and moisture got in, took me ages to find! The break was where the loom goes into the plastic cable trunking, near the loud pedal.
              That's the one

Comment

That is probably likely as the footwell was flooded for ages and I’ve not yet pulled carpet up..
                but I weird part is I can’t even lock it at the minute by pushing the pin down..
                ill be going up my garage tomorrow to start looking into the issue so will get to the bottom of it.. just incase I managed to buy on eBay a pump and full set of actuators for £20, only thing I don’t have is the lock mechanism as I’ve read couple of posts saying about micro switches in them too

Comment

Please check out what I said too. I replaced the wire from internal door handles to locks, then the actuators, then the pump! Then I said STOP!
                  it can't be all these things all at the same time.
                  eventually it was the reset thingy and simple all along
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
                  X