Coupe Aerial Replacement Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Aerial Replacement Option

Following on from this thread where replacement coupe aerials were discussed I have tracked down the part number of a near perfect replacement.

An Opel aerial with the part number "90339506" or "90 339 506 550" has the correct angle and fits perfectly, it has the same seal and aerial connector too. The only adaptation required is the plug for the 12V feed. They were fitted to the VX220, Fronteras and the Lotus Elise among others. I've just bought one from a Spanish breakers so seem easier to get hold of and some may even be available new from dealers. A Corsa aerial will also fit but the angle of the aerial is much steeper and doesn't look quite right.

Some more info from a Elise site I found: http://www.elises.co.uk/components/s1/audio/index.html
    Last edited by Colesy; 4 January 2018, 16:58.

nice find, the vectra/corsa ones do indeed have the wrong angle, I had one on my car for a while as it appeared to be the only one which was a plug and play at the time. I think somewhere a while back we managed to find a part number for the Beru one too but always nice to see other options!
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

good find.
      I'll put on a disguise and head over to the Opel dealer then.....

Comment

The Beru one really isn't very good, I had one and returned it, it's a very universal product and doesn't have any of the oem features like the inner seal and the knotches to stop rotation. The wires are all wrong too.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Good info mate, copied from the Elise page, in case it goes

The aerial supplied on the Elise is simply not very good. A replacement aerial can be bought from your nearest Rover dealer for about £10. Ask for one for a MY2001 Rover 25. It is a lot longer but reception is worth it. This also applies to the Elise S2. The original part is from a Vauxhall Omega/Frontera/Carlton/VX220. The part number for the amplified base unit is 90339506, priced at £32.95 + VAT

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I bought a universal one from ebay which has digital radio in it too. Works a treat and although angle and length of it at different it looks spot on.

Comment

Working...
            X