Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory alarm -strange fault ?

Hi guys
    so my factory alarm decided to go funny at 1.30am waking up nabour. Siren in the left hand rear quarter was buzzing with constant sound.i have disconnected battery and went back to bed .
    this morning I have reconnected battery -no sound,engine started fine .went for road test ,get back home,inserted key in driver door lock to lock the car and the noise is back .
    now every time I'm locking the car there is quick buzz from siren and central locking not working .Any ideas ??

I had a similar issue with mine, siren started making strange noises for no reason. Replaced rechargeable battery pack in siren and all was well. Never had a problem with central locking though. The factory alarms a pretty old now and when you get one problem the next one won't be far away. In the end I took mine out and replaced with new.

Comment

Thank you jeffstoo.I don't have back up battery in mine .it's just simple siren with two wires going to it .
      I have just noticed that all indicators are glowing so it looks like the alarm ecu might have internal fault .
      do you know where it is located on coupe ?

Comment

Mine were two black boxes located below steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffstoo View Post
          Mine were two black boxes located below steering wheel.
          Is yours Coupe as well?What year ?

Comment

One of you is talking about aftermarket and other one about factory.

Don't know about coupe, but 90 had alarm box near the horn, rear left quarter. If your coupe is facelift, (1991 and forward, with b4 bonnet etc.) then there is no separate alarm box, only central locking pump with integratd alaram.
            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
              One of you is talking about aftermarket and other one about factory.

Don't know about coupe, but 90 had alarm box near the horn, rear left quarter. If your coupe is facelift, (1991 and forward, with b4 bonnet etc.) then there is no separate alarm box, only central locking pump with integratd alaram.
              Oh that is good info. Mine is a 96 model/year so there is nothing nect to the horn itself only tail lamps check module .And yes,I'm talking about factory/stock alarm.It would make sense what you just said as the alarm fault and central locking failed in the same time so I will look in to the pump then

Comment

Check this out too
                https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-locking-issue
                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
                  Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X