Pin swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking!
    I noticed the OP has said he has used the pin outs from Paul's site rather than the info Paul done seperately for the conversion.
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...462#post522462
    Might be worth wading through that in case anythings been missed. Its not clear but there is an xls file on Paul's post that is linked.

What ecu variant is being used?

Comment

I can't dont know the ecu part number off hand,are you thinking it could be the immo variant?
      its been socketed and has rs2 software from PRJ I believe
      ill have another look through the pinouts and see if I've missed something
      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Well even if it was an immo ecu I think it would start briefly then cut out. Don't think PRJ uses immo s/w base so perhaps not an issue.
        The only other thing I can think of is transposing the pins when using the diagrams. The ecu and connector are mirrored in the illustrations so you need to keep the connector in a postion where you know its correctly orientated. It helps to have the longer row on top and use a mm to verify pin 19 which is earth as a reference point, which should be to the left when looking at it from the front.

Comment

If you have vcds then you could try to connect and see if any codes are logged. Might be helpful. Would also allow ID of ecu sw.
          For spark the ecu needs to see the crank sensor and hall sender in sync so it its not an electrical issue its possible that its a mechaical one, flywheel pin/pully damage.
          Is the flywheel pin in the right possition for a five pot? Not sure what you have used.

Comment

All the timing marks are correct,I'm using a 7a flywheel and the pin is present and correct.
            i don't have vcds but it something I'm going to sort out.
            I've got a few days off this week so will have a go through everything again,probably something stupid of my own doing

Comment

Little update,ordered a new 372 relay for the fuel pump,it has one more pin than the 202...instant fuel.
              checked the polarity on the G4...incorrect so made some small jumper cables and switched it round....started first turn of the key,I am a very happy man,thanks all for the help!

Comment

Good news
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X