Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No start!? new CPS(g40) cant clear code 2113

Hello all!

I've recently picked up a AAN swapped 91 coupe quattro project and have run into a no start problem.

ok from the top:

The car was driving fine no stumbles or anything, got a CEL on and car seemed to have went into a "limp" mode, no boost pulled timing I'm sure.
    after I turned the car off it wouldn't start back up. Ended up getting towed back home.

found blink code 2113
    replaced (G40) hall sensor behind the cam gear(not tuna can style)
    still getting code 2113 only

tried running through the self check and all injectors, ISV, etc work (as per SJMautotechnik instructions)

Still no spark
    cant seem to clear the code either.
    I've checked all fuses, coil grounds, fuel pump is working and tried pulling the battery to reset the ECU memory as I'm having a hard time finding the S26/102 or S27 fuse.

Since I havent performed the swap myself im uncertain as to the location, it doesnt seem to be mounted near the ECU under the kick panel although the elevation adjustment sensor is mounted near.
    I do know the previous owner used a OEM RS2 wiring harness so ive been trying the fuses under the hood.
    Is there another way I should try and clear this code or is the new sensor correct and my timing is just off somehow? or am I just searching for a short somewhere in the harness?

thank you!!

anythings helpful!!

You could just disconnect the battery, that will clear codes, or unplug the ECU if that’s easier.
    I suspect that your timing has slipped, the ECU needs to see the TDC pin in the middle of the hall window, if it doesn’t the car won’t start. You need to find the flywheel TDC Zero mark in the bellhousing window, then check the position of the cams.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
      You could just disconnect the battery, that will clear codes, or unplug the ECU if that’s easier.
      I suspect that your timing has slipped, the ECU needs to see the TDC pin in the middle of the hall window, if it doesn’t the car won’t start. You need to find the flywheel TDC Zero mark in the bellhousing window, then check the position of the cams.
      ok great you confirmed what I was thinking. I guess ill go through all my timing to make sure its straighten

thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X