Interior light weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior light weirdness

I was about to tackle the interior lights today as they don't light up when a door is open. I did some measuring with my multimeter and found this +12V on the ground side of the interior lamps. It is there no matter the light switch position. Is this voltage supposed to be there? If I have understood the system correctly, the central locking pump (V94) should offer ground to the interior lights when any door is open and the light switch (W) is in the open door position. Have I misunderstood something or is there some kind of short circuit in the central locking pump? Any other common faults?

interior_light.jpg

The only ground wires are brown. That is not a gnd connection. The light switch (W) has the gnd via pin 3/31
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I see that is the ground when the light is switched constantly on but what is the route for the ground when a door is open and the light should be on?

Comment

Try another pump. They cost almost nothing these days.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

When mine was doing this it was a break in the wiring loom under the carpet. Took me a long time to find it.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I have not done a complete wire check yet, the +12V on both sides of the light switch just got me thinking. I might even try another pump before anything else, they seem to be around 50€ on eBay.

Comment

Local scrapyards or guys don't part out old audis? You can get a pump for 10-20€ from here.
              Is yours with a remote?
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro
              1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Currently they don't have any 80/90 Audis I've been looking for all doors also so just checked the Audi situation on local scrapyards. Yes mine is with remote/interior lights delay.

Comment

Working...
                X