Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Coupe key-switch. What is the correct operation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Coupe key-switch. What is the correct operation.

The key switch for the boot has been damaged by an idiot and I am trying to rebuild it. The striker arm that operates the microswitch is missing and I need to make one and sort the switching operation.

Basically I need to know what the striker arm (which is missing) does in the different key positions. Does it makes or breaks the microswitch.

A picture of the missing striker arm would be helpful in fabrication a replacement. Please post picture or email me if you have one for sale.

1) Pic LOBE POSITION 2. Does the lobe operate the striker arm to close the microswitch.

2) Pic LOBE POSITION 1. In the pic does the (see pic LINKAGE ARM) linkage arm keep the striker arm in position to keep the microswitch close.

3) Pic LINKAGE ARM. What is the full function of this linkage arm.

4) I am quite sure the missing striker arm should be spring loaded. The spring keeps the striker arm away from the microswitch?

5) Pic MISSING PIVOT POINT FOR STRIKER ARM. Missing pivot point needs to be made for the missing striker arm.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Key in 3 positions
    Flat
    Upright
    Angled

Hope these help

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, no microswitch on mine!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I reckon that microswitch and bracket might be aftermarket, something to do with the tracker or alarm.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

The microswitch is part of the Audi original Central locking/immobilizer/alarm system. Still tracing the exact function.

Thanks for the pictures.

In the picture I posted of an original key switch with striker bracket you can see the striker bracket I am missing. On your pictures you can see the rectangular hole in the plastic that the bracket locks into. Just above the bottom right nut. The bottom right nut clamps the bracket to the lock. The striker arm is spring loaded and it forms part of the microswitch mounting bracket.

The system I have is factory fitted. Rear boot lock mechanism part number 895862055C.

If anybody has a detailed picture of this type of key switch with the striker arm, bracket and microswitch please post.

I have started to fabricate the striker arm if I cannot get an original.
          Attached Files

Comment

Understood!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I don't have any details on the operation, but I was able to dig out an archived reference pic I'd taken years ago. Maybe it will be of some help to you?

Comment

Great picture thanks, it will help if I cannot get a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X