Fuel pump wiring plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump wiring plug

Can anyone tell me if the thick brown wire on the fuel pump plug is the live wire? And would the g/y be earth? there is also a thin brown wire and a purple/black wire I need to check power straight from the battery to the pump, the car has decided not to play ball I filled up with fuel parked it in the garage next morning no start checked the normal things and no fuel getting to injectors.

G/Y - pump power supply
    Thick brown - pump earth
    Purple/black - fuel level sender
    Thin brown - sender earth

Comment

Comment

On Vag stuff brown is generally earth mate.

Comment

Comment

Anyone know which is the fuel pump relay plug under fuse box or what colour the power wire is would it be the same as the fuel pump plug G/Y? think iv found it 87a i had the fuse box out 5yrs ago and i had left all the letters on the connection blocks.
            Last edited by bilko0795; 15 August 2020, 18:51.

Comment

My coupe melted the fuel pump fuse, the fuse holder was a bit loose or corroded and made it heat up. I’ve relayed it now and it’s fine.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Just checked the wire 87a and it’s showing 12.57 volts but nothing to the pump just need to know which terminal do I make the new connection From relay to pump can you help

Comment

In 5 seconds flat I found this by typing 'audi s2 fuel pump wiring diagram' Google tells me it's even on this forum

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-relay-to-pump

​​​​

Comment

All done and working thanks all

Comment

Working...
                    X