Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 OEM Alarm problem - only driver side indicators flash???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 OEM Alarm problem - only driver side indicators flash???

I have a strange alarm problem, which I don't think this has been covered before. I have what I think is the "Standard" Audi remote alarm system. Anyway recently (last six months) when locking and unlocking it only flashes the drivers side indicators. (All indicators work normally at all other times )

(The other day it did flash all indicators for a while when I used the spare fob, but it is back to doing drivers side only on both fobs)

I have replaced the battery in both fobs, which I hoped may help but it has not.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Thanks,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Very strange, is yours the black box which sits under the driver's footwell? Perhaps a grounding issue? Mine is the same setup and so far been fairly ok.
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Yes, I think I may have to just pull the lower shelf off and have a fiddle with it!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Spaghetti wiring under there, it's an absolute shambles
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
          This is entirely the norm on these cars, even before a dealer-fit immobiliser was shoe-horned in there.

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
            I know, I think I "thought" about tidying it up one day, but knew that would be impossible...
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

Hazards work normally?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Hazards work normally?
                Hi John,

Yep, all indicators and lights work normally, just the alarm flash when opening and closing. I think I am going to have to dive under the dash and take a look
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

There will be a wire for each side of the car to flash indicators, probably a dodgy scotch lock

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                    There will be a wire for each side of the car to flash indicators, probably a dodgy scotch lock
                    I will investigate... Thanks
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X