Reversing lights switch - where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing lights switch - where?

Help needed please: the reversing lights on my ABY coupe aren't playing. It's not the bulbs, holders or connectors - all those test and work fine, and all other lights and electrics appear to be working fine. I'm therefore turning my attention to the other end of the circuit, and thanks to S2Central can see that there's a switch that seems to directly (no relay) turn the reversing lights on. Does anyone know where it is (and what it is)? Thanks!
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

I think its on the RHS of the gearbox, right above the driveshaft.

Edit : Black and brass plug here
    Reverse.jpg
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Release the connector and short circuit the cable with a paper clip or something made out of metal. The switch is broken if the light turn on while doing that

Comment

Also I’ve had damage to the cable where it clips to the gearbox housing with the metal clips.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

That's a much better design/location to to access than a 3B!

Comment

Thanks everyone!
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Working...
            X