Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove/disconnect immobilizer

Hi guys
    I have a audi s2 avant ,to be able to lock the car i have to close the car on from the rear trunk. But first lock the front dorr i think and then the trunk.
    Is there a way to deactivete the immobilizer ? I dont have the piece/immobilzer that you should put against the hole on the front panel. I have maxxecu.

Best regards

The small disc on the dash is for an aftermarket alarm/immob.
    You need to go under the dash and completely remove it and all it’s wiring it will probably have circuits which break the fuel pump and ignition feeds so you have to follow the wires disconnect them and repair the breaks.
    If the unit had a central locking remote it will have wires going to one of the door actuator circuits, probably the drivers door. Maybe to the central locking pump. I’ve removed a few of these from Coupes and Avants, my coupe had several kilos of various boxes under the dash that had been installed at various times.
    It’s good to get rid of this stuff cos it’s just sitting there waiting to go wrong and leave you stranded.

The original factory immob box is also under there but it won’t do anything as you have the Maxxecu. There are instructions how to remove it on PRJMod GitHub

http://m232.org/index.php?title=Requ...running_prjmod

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Mine is an early car so also has an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser. If the car battery went flat, the immo would not recognise the key for some random amount of time, sometimes days, I never worked out how to pair it up again properly, it was a total pain, as when reconnecting power, the car was immobilised by default with no way to turn it off.
      on my unit there was a key slot on the body of the alarm in the engine bay, turning the unit off completely disabled it and allows the car to start as normal. The previous owner lost the key but it was simple to open the unit up and flick the switch underneath the key slot.
      At some point I will remove it altogether but this could be an option depending on model.
      Of course this means I don't have central locking which is slightly inconvenient but not as bad as not being able to start the car...

Comment

But why isnt there central looking if you remove it ?
        if all doors are unocked and the runkt to , then you have to lock them one by one manually ?

Comment

If you disable the alarm you will lose the remote locking.
          But central locking from the driver’s door should still work.
          Anyway, a disabled alarm/immob is just waiting to be a problem, you should remove it completely.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

You don't have immo problem! On old Audi cars - central locking doesn't have any link with immobiliser system.
            As you explain - you lock manualy drivers door, and lock whole car from luggage (5door), so you have problem with door lock contact.
            When you remove a door card - on left side you have a 3 pin connector check it.

Comment

Aha ,, What is door card ?

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
                But why isnt there central looking if you remove it ?
                if all doors are unocked and the runkt to , then you have to lock them one by one manually ?
                Sorry, I meant to say "remote" central locking. Locking/unlocking manually on the drivers door does operate the rest of the car.

And yes, I do need to remove the alarm entirely, it's on the list of things to do!

Comment

Aha ,, What is door card ?
                  Fabric or leather covered interior trim on inside of door.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

When i lock the car from driver side , there is like short horn sound,, from the trunk.
                    Why is that ?

Comment

When i lock the car from driver side , there is like short horn sound,, from the trunk.
                      Why is that ?
                      Factory alarm setting.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                      X