Central locking problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking problems

Hi I've got a 1993 coupe and I noticed the fuse was missing from the central locking system.
    upon fitting it if I lock either door they all lock and I can hear the pump/motor .
    But if I unlock either door the pump doesn't unlock or make a noise .
    another pump/motor fitted today with same part number and its exactly the same.....anyone know what to start looking.
    the central locking pump isn't getting a signal to unlock because eventually the alarm goes off . So out comes the fuse again.
    It's infa red key remote aswell but not looked into that yet
    Attached Files

You need to check the unlock vac line for leaks, if that’s good check the microswitches in the door locks.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

The pump doesn't even kick up upon unlocking so definitely not seeing the key turn.
      what sort of job is it to check/,swap the micro switches.
      Strange both sides the same

Comment

Oh yes, the other thing is, the open and close signals are sent by the microswitch in the door, through the loom under the carpet on the driver’s side to the pump in the back.
        The loom goes down near the A pillar into a plastic conduit along the floor. Where it enters the conduit it can get a sharp bend, the insulation cracks and moisture enters and the wire rots. I had a couple of wires broken there which stopped my courtesy lights from working and took me literally years to find.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

my courtesy light doesnt work it only works when i unlock by key when the fuse is back in , on normal opening it just doesnt come on with either door , i need to check its getting power later today , might just be a case of re joining it

Comment

You’ll need to take off a couple of bits of trim to lift the carpet in that corner and see the flat plastic conduit along the floor.
            Might be broken there.

I cut back the damaged wires to get clean copper and soldered in some new wire.

If your car is a normal coupe it will probably be damp under there and you’ll find your Procon Ten cables rusty.

There’s a whole bunch of sticky threads here on the forum about how to cure water leaks. I eventually replaced all my underlay with modern closed cell foam products which don’t absorb water.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Is the wire you speaking of to the right of the acceleration pedal in the footwell

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesey View Post
                Is the wire you speaking of to the right of the acceleration pedal in the footwell
                Yes , there’s a loom, maybe 6 wires? Can’t remember exactly it’s a long time.. the break point on mine was down on the floor where the loom goes under the plastic cover of the conduit/ wire tray

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Yes , there’s a loom, maybe 6 wires? Can’t remember exactly it’s a long time.. the break point on mine was down on the floor where the loom goes under the plastic cover of the conduit/ wire tray
                  Lift the trim which goes across the doorway and peel back the carpet, I think I had to take out the trim that holds the bonnet release too, sorry my car is not here or I’d take pics

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X