Dead battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead battery?

OK peeps need advice my battery is on a trickle charger / conditioner 24/7 as the car sits on the drive for long periods without use, I usually keep an eye on it as I have cameras fitted that run continuously, anyhoo the supply was interrupted so stopped charging I missed this and now the battery is down to 6v the conditioner won't seem to charge above this and I can't access the settings for some reason it just won't play ball. Was thinking I might have to put it on a bigger charger to kick start it it's only a few years old so hopefully won't have to buy a new one.

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    Was thinking I might have to put it on a bigger charger to kick start it it's only a few years old so hopefully won't have to buy a new one.
    Yes, connect it to an old school charger for an hour or so then put your conditioner back on

Comment

I don't think you'll be able to revive a battery as flat as that.
      If you have jumper leads and access to a good battery from a second car you can connect them as if you were going to jump start the car. Now connect the smart charger and it will now detect the flat battery and you should be able to start the charge cycle.

Comment

Thanks guys was thinking along the lines of an old school charger

Comment

As it's only a few years old it should recover ok.

Comment

I've revived worse levels than that and they've lasted years.
            As long as you know why it's gone "flat" and it's not degradation then an old-school charger will often revive it.

Comment

Put jump leads from another car seems to have tricked the charger so now is charging again

Comment

Took her for a hundred Mile round trip this afternoon battery and trickle charger are friends again

Comment

That's great news, I'm glad you were able to resurrect the battery.

Comment

You don't need much to trick a smart charger into charging a flat battery, a few volts is enough. I've done it with a couple of AA cells.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X