Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS6 central locking & windows dead?

Hello

Apologies if there is a post for this already, I tried using the search but couldn't get to anything relevant

I have a 1997 C4 S6 and both my central locking and electric windows simultaneously died today

A few points;
    - Car is a non-sunroof model
    - Using the key in the drivers lock doesnt activate the central locking OR the 'all windows up' function
    - Window switches dont work on any of the doors
    - Fuse 10 checked (fine) and replaced with a known working fuse but no change

Im assuming bad pump is causing my central locking problem but is it normal for that to also impact the windows too?

Cheers
    Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Additional info

Heres my pump (8LO 862 257)
    Checked all the other fuses in the driver side dashboard and theyre fine

Im not clear on which relays belong to the central locking / window circuits so havent done anything with those

Is there anything in the passenger side footwell or relays under yhe bonnet that I should check?

Cheers
    Max

Comment

Part no.

Comment

Try taking off the black cover and check for any dry solder joints. Very common in the pump and relays in general
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Solders look ok to me but electronics is not my forte!

Comment

Alsp checked the graphite disk and thats still in one piece so that rules that out too

Is there a relay for the central locking or it is just the fuse and this unit?

Comment

Maybe you have seen this

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ng#post2063891
              Last edited by 4WDrifter; 15 May 2023, 16:53.
              1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
              2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
              2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I checked the entire wiring and vacuum system and found no damage, pump stripped and rebuilt , also undamaged

Only fuse i found blown was a 15a on the aux relay board under the drivers foot rest cover (next to gas pedal, UK car)

Didnt think this had anything to do with central locking but after putting it all back together again it now works?

Idk, classic car things I guess.. can only assume maybe a dirty connection somewhere as i cleaned everything off as I went

Comment

Working...
                X