Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

red rear lights. Are they when you indicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I painted mine red but now the reverse lights are red also. Indicators were quite red but then I painted the indicator bulbs green and so the indicators are ermm redish amber now. Have to do something to the reverse lights before MOT.

In the pic is a US model light. Could buy a set of those, but they're as illegal here as my current painted ones...
    -

Comment

By the way. What experiences do you guys have about the ebay seller Gabor mentioned? My friend bought a gearbox and one maf-turbo hose from his auctions. After that he asked for one 3b turbo-ic hose for ME out the ebay. Well, we paid for all the three as he told he had one suitable hose for sale. When the shipping came, the turbo-ic hose was missing and now he refuses to refund the 40€ that was for the hose. I'm quite pissed. I know it's only 40€ but still very very bad trading!
      -

Comment

I painted my rear lights so they are all red now.

I also bought amber LED bulbs for the indicators - they need an extra load to stop the check system thinking they are blown - but they are still an amber flash.

I wasn't happy with mine - it isn't a very good finish with the lacquer over them - it needs pollished - just haven't got round to doing that yet.
        Attached Files
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

So does the rest of the car Have you cleaned your wheels aswell??

Porkkis-do you have to have white reverse lights for MOT then?? They dont even come into the UK MOT.
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yes, they must be white. Actually they must be just as they are mentioned in their E (ECE)-approvals. US lights don't have the E-approvals and their DOT approval means nothing here...
            -

Comment

Working...
            X